Photo Packages

Linda F

I am taking 11 of my family on a cruise in March 2020 and due to the large group we have 4 rooms.  However, in my room is my grandchild and myself.  If I purchase a photo package any photos taken with me in the picture will be on the plan I purchase?  I mean if I have a group photo taken of all 11 of us and the other cabins do not have photo packages, that picture will be on my account for printing - correct?  Also, since the price is per adult any pictures taken with my granddaughter would me on package no matter who else is in the photo - correct?

Yes.  Just stop by the photo place every day or two to review everyone's pictures on the kiosks.  Any pictures with you or your granddaughter on your family members' accounts can be added to your account by the employees.  You can also give your cabin number to the photographer when they take your picture, and they should apply it to your account along with any other cabin numbers of others in the picture, but success is hit or miss with that.

No.  The only photos covered under the package are persons in the room of the person who purchased the photo package.  This is what is listed under the term and conditions of the photo package

Digital and Print photo packages are sold on a per stateroom basis only and photos are linked to staterooms based on the guests travelling in that stateroom. Photos of other guests not travelling in your stateroom will be linked to their own stateroom. The following are not included in print and/or digital photo packages: Photos of others in your party not travelling in your stateroom; Group, Wedding, Quinces, Private Studio photography and other special occasion photography; 

9 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

No.  The only photos covered under the package are persons in the room of the person who purchased the photo package.  This is what is listed under the term and conditions of the photo package

Digital and Print photo packages are sold on a per stateroom basis only and photos are linked to staterooms based on the guests travelling in that stateroom. Photos of other guests not travelling in your stateroom will be linked to their own stateroom. The following are not included in print and/or digital photo packages: Photos of others in your party not travelling in your stateroom; Group, Wedding, Quinces, Private Studio photography and other special occasion photography; 

She was asking about group pictures with her or her granddaughter in them.  Those can be tied to her photo package.  We did this with my immediate family (me, husband and two kids) in one stateroom and my MIL & FIL in another room.   Any pictures (all of us together, or even just my kids with my in-laws) were tied to both staterooms.  Pics with only my in-laws were not tied to my account, and vice versa.  Where it says in the terms & conditions that Group photography isn't included in photo packages, they must be referring to special groups like the events and private sessions they list.  About 90% of the "regular" photos taken on the ship are of groups, like a whole family posing on a stairwell. If those weren't included, no one would ever buy a photo package.  And when people from multiple staterooms are in the same picture, how would they decide which stateroom to limit that photo to?  That's why they can be tied to multiple accounts, or at least that's how I understand it and how it worked in my case.  

18 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

9 hours ago, Brobbins246 said:

She was asking about group pictures with her or her granddaughter in them.  Those can be tied to her photo package.  We did this with my immediate family (me, husband and two kids) in one stateroom and my MIL & FIL in another room.   Any pictures (all of us together, or even just my kids with my in-laws) were tied to both staterooms.  Pics with only my in-laws were not tied to my account, and vice versa.  Where it says in the terms & conditions that Group photography isn't included in photo packages, they must be referring to special groups like the events and private sessions they list.  About 90% of the "regular" photos taken on the ship are of groups, like a whole family posing on a stairwell. If those weren't included, no one would ever buy a photo package.  And when people from multiple staterooms are in the same picture, how would they decide which stateroom to limit that photo to?  That's why they can be tied to multiple accounts, or at least that's how I understand it and how it worked in my case.  

@Brobbins246 I wished we would of been able to do as you were able to do...Sure would of saved us some money.  We had about the same situation as you last year on the allure.  Us in one room and our son, wife and grandson in room next to ours...Our reservations were linked but were two different reservations.  We tried but were told we couldn't include any photos in our package if any of the pictures had my son, wife or grandson in them because they were not staying in our stateroom.  They cited the disclaimer we listed above but the person we were dealing with specifically referred to "The following are not included in print and/or digital photo packages: Photos of others in your party not travelling in your stateroom"  We even tried running it up the food chain but the supervisor and manager agreed with the fine print.

Maybe we got bad info...Wouldn't be the first time from Royal.  Hopefully the OP will have better luck on their cruise.

@Linda F if you can't get confirmation from the ship how they apply that policy, I would recommend waiting until you're on the ship to decide on buying the photo package.  I know it's cheaper thru the cruise planner before your trip, but you might end up spending less on individual pictures if they don't apply group photos to everyone's accounts.  I assume you don't want to spend money on the package to only get pictures of yourself and your granddaughter included.

Long time listener, first time caller.

Normally we have no interest in a photo package. We hope for one photo to turn out well enough to purchase and call it good. 

We are cruising in April with 3 family members in another cabin for the first (and perhaps only) time. On black Friday I purchased the all digital packages for both cabins hoping that would mean we would get all the photos no matter who was in them including the photos of us all together.

Hoping it works. I will let you know.

Thanks to all for all the good info on this forum!

I've had a very successful time with the purchase of a single photo package.  I've traveled on Oasis, Harmony, and Freedom with a large family group (11-14) each time.  My wife and I would have one cabin, and I would put my three minor kids in a couple of other cabins.  As soon as I boarded, I would go to the photo studio, and have them link the rooms of my minor kids to my room to share my photo package.  The personnel at the photo studio were always very accommodating, and gladly linked the rooms together.

I instructed EVERYBODY in our group that anytime their pictures were taken to give them MY room number.  On every cruise I have done the same thing, and was able to get MANY pictures taken, including embarkation group photos of everybody, along with the "staircase" photos of everyone in our group.  I remember one photographer said that as long as the group was 15 or less, it was fine for the regular photo packages, but groups larger were not.

My experience has been excellent in getting photos (both formal with the various backdrops and candids throughout the ship) of most all of our group.  In fact, on every cruise I've been on, when I go through the pictures at the photo kiosks, there are usually several photos of other families that are thrown into my portfolio of pictures.  I know Royal uses some face recognition to try to match faces to rooms, and their algorithms are certainly not perfect.  On my last cruise on Harmony last May, out of my 250+ pictures, there were probably 25-30 of other families that I simply removed from my portfolio.  It was very easy to do at the photo kiosks.

There was also a time where I know we took a group embarkation photo, but it never appeared in my portfolio.  On about the second day, I talked to the staff in the photo studio about the missing pictures.  They asked for the approximate boarding time, and the searched for them.  The next day when I checked my portfolio, there they were!

Overall, I've been VERY satisfied with the photo packages I've purchased on each cruise, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again on my next cruise with my group family (currently planned for May 2021)!  I've always found the best price was on the cruise planner.  The best deal I've seen was last Black Friday with the digital package going for $119.95 when it is usually $199.95.   Just keep an eye out for the sales.  Purchase it when you see a good price, and if it drops on a sale, cancel and repurchase again!

13 hours ago, MarvinS said:

I've had a very successful time with the purchase of a single photo package.  I've traveled on Oasis, Harmony, and Freedom with a large family group (11-14) each time.  My wife and I would have one cabin, and I would put my three minor kids in a couple of other cabins.  As soon as I boarded, I would go to the photo studio, and have them link the rooms of my minor kids to my room to share my photo package.  The personnel at the photo studio were always very accommodating, and gladly linked the rooms together.

I instructed EVERYBODY in our group that anytime their pictures were taken to give them MY room number.  On every cruise I have done the same thing, and was able to get MANY pictures taken, including embarkation group photos of everybody, along with the "staircase" photos of everyone in our group.  I remember one photographer said that as long as the group was 15 or less, it was fine for the regular photo packages, but groups larger were not.

My experience has been excellent in getting photos (both formal with the various backdrops and candids throughout the ship) of most all of our group.  In fact, on every cruise I've been on, when I go through the pictures at the photo kiosks, there are usually several photos of other families that are thrown into my portfolio of pictures.  I know Royal uses some face recognition to try to match faces to rooms, and their algorithms are certainly not perfect.  On my last cruise on Harmony last May, out of my 250+ pictures, there were probably 25-30 of other families that I simply removed from my portfolio.  It was very easy to do at the photo kiosks.

There was also a time where I know we took a group embarkation photo, but it never appeared in my portfolio.  On about the second day, I talked to the staff in the photo studio about the missing pictures.  They asked for the approximate boarding time, and the searched for them.  The next day when I checked my portfolio, there they were!

Overall, I've been VERY satisfied with the photo packages I've purchased on each cruise, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again on my next cruise with my group family (currently planned for May 2021)!  I've always found the best price was on the cruise planner.  The best deal I've seen was last Black Friday with the digital package going for $119.95 when it is usually $199.95.   Just keep an eye out for the sales.  Purchase it when you see a good price, and if it drops on a sale, cancel and repurchase again!

I am thrilled to hear about your good experience. We are taking a 9 night Greek Isles cruise and I too snagged the photo deal for $119.95 on Black Friday. We are in a 2 BR suite and I wondered if it would include the other couple in the suite if they were in photos by themselves. I am sure most photos will be taken of the four of us but was unsure since I was the purchaser. Thanks for all your helpful information. The reasons to love this blog just keep adding up. :14_relaxed:

• 1 year later...

Cruised 10/16-23/2021, purchased 5 photos and was told I would receive a link within 4-7 days.   Here we are November 10th, I have made 4 phone calls and STILL no link.  I am not getting any good responses from Royal employees.   I'm highly disappointed that I was unable to depend on the photo staff to handle documenting our cruise.   Bring your own camera if you want to guarantee photos to bring back!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Tabitha said:

Cruised 10/16-23/2021, purchased 5 photos and was told I would receive a link within 4-7 days.   Here we are November 10th, I have made 4 phone calls and STILL no link.  I am not getting any good responses from Royal employees.   I'm highly disappointed that I was unable to depend on the photo staff to handle documenting our cruise.   Bring your own camera if you want to guarantee photos to bring back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tabitha-

Several of us have had a similar issue from sailings around the same time, which we discussed in the following thread:

Bottom line is reach out to RoyalFocus@rccl.com with your info, and hopefully you'll get your photos soon! I was on the Odyssey 10/17-10/23, and just received my photos this morning, after several emails to Royal Focus and RC customer service.