CocoCay water park entry time

We are scheduled to arrive at 9 am but water park is not scheduled until 10:30. Is this common for an “all day” pass to be not truly “all day”? We were planning on getting off right at 9 and getting as many slides in as we could before the crowds got too crazy, this would throw a wrench into those plans. 

When were were there in September, we docked at 8, and were allowed off at 8:30. Since then, I think there was a post/ thread somewhere around here that mentioned Royal was offering "early entry" to the water park for an additional fee. So the people that buy the additional time were able enter the park an hour earlier than the general day pass people. That's the only reason I can think of why the park wouldn't be open until so late in the morning.

On 2/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, KJones said:

I think there was a post/ thread somewhere around here that mentioned Royal was offering "early entry" to the water park for an additional fee.

Details here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/12/02/royal-caribbean-offer-early-bird-water-slide-access-perfect-day-cococay

The half day pass I purchased on my last cruise had 4 hour blocks for each group. If I remember correctly, the morning half was from 8:30-12:30 and the afternoon from 12:30-4:30, the the ship leaving at 5. But I could be wrong, this was almost a year ago and I can't remember exactly. I know that I went in at 12:45 for my half day

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Well this further solidifies how scummy Royal has become. The $79 price tag says “all day pass”, maybe it should say all day minus the first 90 minutes you are in port. They really should be ashamed of themselves. 

45 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Well this further solidifies how scummy Royal has become. The $79 price tag says “all day pass”, maybe it should say all day minus the first 90 minutes you are in port. They really should be ashamed of themselves. 

Kind of reminds me of Disney World, with early access or late access if you stay on property

17 minutes ago, Srp431 said:

Kind of reminds me of Disney World, with early access or late access if you stay on property

Yes but where only there like 8 hours so 90 minutes is kinda of a big chunk to be missing out on. Another ship is there that day also, they arrive at 7 so I wonder what time they will be able to enter the park.