Good tour video of Celebrity Summit post-Revolution upgrades

JLMoran

I found this video a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to watching it. I'll warn you now that this person wasn't using a gimbal, just a selfie stick or something similar from what I caught in some reflections, and the video is correspondingly shaky / jumpy at times; so if you're like me and vulnerable to motion sickness from watching that sort of thing, take it slowly. But she gives a great tour of the ship, including a very rare tour of an interior cabin instead of the usual balcony or suite accommodation, as this is what they stayed in for their trip. This should give a great idea of what any Millennium class ship that's undergone the Revolution revitalization will be like to sail on.

She has a sort of companion video that auto-played after I watched this, titled "Celebrity Summit - 15 Tips and Things we LOVED (post-revolution)", that gives some more detail. What I especially appreciated was her discussion of her experience with traveling in an inside cabin and the excellent level of service she still experienced from her cabin attendant and others, despite being not being in any special kind of cabin class or a high-level Captain's Club member. As I'll be staying in an inside cabin for my Iceland & Greenland trip, that was really great to hear. She also talks about the entertainment in more detail in that video, and notes that it definitely seems to be "moving younger" in the kinds of activities / shows / other entertainment options being offered compared to earlier cruises she's taken with X.

Still not sure how my kids will like the ship, but I know at least one of them will probably become a regular at Cafe Al Bacio. ? 

More-detailed stand-alone video of the inside cabin that I just found while going through her channel. Interestingly, this one does seem to have been recorded with a gimbal. Either that, or both actually used the gimbal and she just had the time to move more slowly and carefully in this video.

1 hour ago, mac66 said:

JL Moran,

Are you perhaps on the August 16th sailing out of Dublin? 

Nevermind, I see now you're on the Aug 2 cruise.

Yup, but believe when I say I wish had the funds to be one of the several on my roll call who are doing both as a B2B instead of flying back. ??

Don't worry, we'll keep the ship in good condition for you. ?

On 2/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, JLMoran said:

Yup, but believe when I say I wish had the funds to be one of the several on my roll call who are doing both as a B2B instead of flying back. ??

Don't worry, we'll keep the ship in good condition for you. ?

Wish we could do a B2B as well but with 4 parents in their 90s at home we can't be gone a month.

And...thanks for the video. It really gets the juices flowing.

• 5 months later...

We were on the revolutionized Millennium, in a Sky Suite.   Room upgraded, but noticed the walls had a covering (we think for noise abatement) that inhibited us using our magnetic hooks and clips except on 2 small panels near to and including the door.  Anyone else notice that nuance.  We just use the clips to keep the dailies and cards we don't want to misplace off the horizontal surfaces.