Luggage Tags

Even a seasoned cruiser has an elementary question sometimes.  I just completed on-line check in for our June cruise.  The print out contains a page that in big letters says "Luggage Tags".  Below is a luggage tag looking placard.  The text in between says "They are not real luggage tags".  What gives?  I can't find anything on the website that says where to get "real" luggage tags.  A little help please?  

Another question, has this changed in the past year?  We just sailed on RCCL last April, and I don't remember this.  Thanks. 

About 49 days from sailing, you should get an email saying that your cruise documents are ready.  Log in and down load them.  No need to print that whole thing, but there is one page that will be a luggage tag.  Just print as many copies of that page as needed.  

Marc that is great. I was trying to figure out how to copy that and paste and got very lost. Thanks for doing it. 

RCVoyager, this isn't new. I always download my tags. Now I have never received an email from RCCL telling me they were ready but I have received an email saying my SetSail pass is ready to download but sometimes the tags aren't ready yet. I just keep looking about once a week.

Candie

One other helpful item for your cruise... If you search for Royal Caribben on Amazon.com you will find several options for luggage tag holders that are very effective at keeping your tags secure. I have this version: http://smile.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461029472&sr=8-1&keywords=Royal+Caribbean

One other helpful item for your cruise... If you search for Royal Caribben on Amazon.com you will find several options for luggage tag holders that are very effective at keeping your tags secure. I have this version: http://smile.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461029472&sr=8-1&keywords=Royal+Caribbean

I have these same ones, Steve. They are great !

I always double print the tags so that each bag has two tags. I then also cover the tags (at home) with 2" wide clear tape, which makes them almost impossible to tear. With two tags per bag and travel information inside each bag I have never had a problem or lost bag on a cruise. Leaving the ship I just take my own bags off and avoid all issues.

I always double print the tags so that each bag has two tags. I then also cover the tags (at home) with 2" wide clear tape, which makes them almost impossible to tear. With two tags per bag and travel information inside each bag I have never had a problem or lost bag on a cruise. Leaving the ship I just take my own bags off and avoid all issues.

I've done that, too, and have even laminated them as I have a machine at home. Even so, I'm a big fan of these sleeves as they're super convenient.

41Mu1Jn0MCL._AC_AA160_.jpg

These are my luggage tags from Amazon. They come in an 8 pack that I bought two years ago and am still using the first two out of the package. They stay on without a problem. I do the same thing Todd does, double print my tags and put two in the holder. Have never had a problem.

Candie

Why two tags printed in each holder?  just to make it double sided?

Why two tags printed in each holder? just to make it double sided?

The tags are essentially double sides as you fold them over and the duplicate info is on each side. I think he was saying that he puts two tags on each bag in case one falls off.