Preschool, fully potty trained (2.6 yrs old) can participate in drop-off kids camp w older sibling?

natn27

Before I booked any Royal Carribean cruises, I need a positive confirmation that my little 2.6 yrs old boy, fully potty trained, be a admitted in the Kids Camp (must be a drop-off program, and no extra fees).  Can you confirm and also give me details of kids programming for little kids (age 2.6, 6, and 7).  Thanks!!!

Before I booked any Royal Carribean cruises, I need a positive confirmation that my little 2.6 yrs old boy, fully potty trained, be a admitted in the Kids Camp (must be a drop-off program, and no extra fees).  Can you confirm and also give me details of kids programming for little kids (age 2.6, 6, and 7).  Thanks!!!

Young children require more attention, so I think all programs have a fee. For older kids (starting at age 3), Adventure Ocean programming is included.

From Royal Caribbean:

Just For Babies & Tots

Dedicated Nursery: 6 to 36 months

At our colorful Royal Babies & TotsSM Nursery, littlest guests (ages 6-36 months) are cared for by trained professionals while enjoying specially designed programs. Daytime and evening drop-off is offered; hourly fee of $6 in the daytime and $8 during the evening applies. Available on select ships.

Adventure Ocean

Explorers: 6 to 8 years

Space Mud, Fossil Fever, Meteorology Madness! Hands-on science gets young minds churning – along with explorations of the fine arts with Adventure Art and Adventure Theater. Round out the night with dancing through the decades and ice cream for all.

Onboard, kids aren't just kids. They're scientists exploring the insect world, eye-patched pirates or the next great athlete to take the gold at the Wacky Olympics. With interactive programs and activities designed just for their age group, Adventure Ocean gives kids the chance to discover a whole new side of themselves.

All children participating in Adventure Ocean activities are required to be 3 years of age, 100% toilet trained and diaper and pull-up free.

All information can be found here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families

We did Oasis back to back in Nov with our 33 month old... lovely but there were serious "toddler" issues....

We have cruised many times (Emerald C&A).... but we have to say that we will NOT be cruising again with our kids until they are older....

Only Royal Caribbean Nursery staff can assist with "potty needs" - this includes help getting dressed....

Royal Caribbean Kids Club staff CANNOT touch kids for any bathroom reasons....

So this put out nearly 3 year old fully potty trained girl in a very tough spot - she wanted to "play" with the big kids (just like she does at our local preschool).... but she needed a little help "fixing" her cloths after going pee (she never had ANY accidents on the boat).... so staff would not allow her in the Kids Club to protect their own butts from liability....

Very frustrating.... I highly recommend that you DO NOT cruise with a 2-4 year old.... its just a tough age that RCCL cannot deal with.... 

"Potty Trained" means way more than "Potty Trained" to RCCL.... (see above)... For the cruise line means that the kid is entirely self sufficient in the bathroom... I personally don't know any 3 year old that falls into this category...

My daughter went and did fine.  She can go to the bathroom by herself but I wouldn't say she is 100% potty trained in the same way you or I am.  But she knows enough to go to the bathroom when she needs to go and the bathrooms in Adventure Ocean are kid optimized (set lower with handle bars to allow easier getting in).

I agree a fully potty trained 3 year old is unlikely but what the rule is basically saying is your child should be able to handle their bathroom business without adult help.  If they can do that (and does not wear pull ups), then you are good.