Stateroom Obstructed View Percentage

New cruisers here.  Question for the experts.

We originally booked in November for the June 4 - 9 night New England/Canada cruise on Adventure of the Sea.  We booked a Balcony guaranteed room, RCI picks room. All good.

Today, I noticed the price dropped.  So, I called and asked to re-book at today's lower price.  We saved $440. 

However, now our receipt says "Stateroom Obstructed View Percentage : 25%".  That wasn't on our old receipt.  The representative never mentioned anything about an obstucted view. 

Does this being on our receipt mean we will definitely have an obstructed view?  How obtrusive is a 25% obstruction?  Should I call back since this wasn't discussed during rebooking? If you let RCI pick your room, are you always at risk of getting an obstructed view?

Again, first timers here.  Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:30 PM, SeanAndShelley said:

However, now our receipt says "Stateroom Obstructed View Percentage : 25%".  That wasn't on our old receipt.  The representative never mentioned anything about an obstucted view. 

You could just as well get an obstructed view from a balcony GTY booking.  Nothing has changed really except that you saved money!

On 2/13/2020 at 1:30 PM, SeanAndShelley said:

New cruisers here.  Question for the experts.

We originally booked in November for the June 4 - 9 night New England/Canada cruise on Adventure of the Sea.  We booked a Balcony guaranteed room, RCI picks room. All good.

Today, I noticed the price dropped.  So, I called and asked to re-book at today's lower price.  We saved $440. 

Does this being on our receipt mean we will definitely have an obstructed view?  How obtrusive is a 25% obstruction?  Should I call back since this wasn't discussed during rebooking? If you let RCI pick your room, are you always at risk of getting an obstructed view?

Again, first timers here.  Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

If you have never cruised before I would take the money and run!   You will more than likely be able to still enjoy your balcony, but imaging the dining package or spa treatments you can get with $440!   Happy Anniversary!   Make sure you let the staff and your waiters know!

• 1 year later...

Is there a list of Stateroom Obstructed View Percentages?   If so it would be a great thing to have.  I booked a boardwalk room on Oasis and saw a photo someone posted on-line of the view, so I know it's ok.   But having a reference would be a good thing to have.  

25% is probably  not hardly an obstruction at all from my experience. It may be  just one little pole with almost no obstruction.

To give you an estimate, you might try deckplans.com ( I believe that is the sight??) Click on the ship in the upper left hand corner and scroll down to your ship.  They may have a video of your cabin or similar cabins on your ship or you can look up a Royal Caribbean sister ship to seer similar cabins. 

The obstructed view cabins that have 75% obstruction usually have life boats that you have to look around. The ones that are 50% obstructed have a very good view in my opinion, except for looking straight down where there are life boats. 

My facts may not be very accurate, but I just hope this helps. In my opinion, I would jump on the savings for a cabin with only 25% obstruction.