Falmouth Jamaica - Catamaran Excursions

KrisD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Just returned from my cruise with this excursion. I do not recommend it. You’re packed onto 1 catamaran with what I estimate was 150-200 people. It’s a large boat, but it doesn’t need that many people. The catamaran ride was a joke. The whole ride was about 5 minutes going at a very slow speed. You could still see the dock we left from. There were so many people swimming in 1 spot that I had to swim with my hands in front of my face to avoid getting a flipper to the face. The coral was underwhelming and was so shallow in several areas that people were literally standing on it. 
I will say that the staff was awesome. Our bus driver gave a good history on the ride and was very entertaining. The snorkel guide was very cool and even went down to grab a sea urchin for all of us to hold. The rum punch was also amazing, and we had about an hour to chill on their beach. 
they’ve got a good thing going, but I think the company is a bit too focused on money and packing as many people in as possible, which just ruins the experience. 

I have been to Jamaica dozens of times. Snorkelling is not the best activity , but there are a few good spots such as Doctors Cave. near Montego Bay.. The excursions will be packed and not worth it.  Ill be going to Falmouth 3 times in the next 4 weeks.  If you want to snorkel , bring your own mask, and go to either a public beach or go to a resort for a day, snorkel from shore. Plus Im  sure there are smaller crafts that can take you out for an hour or so, at a much lesser cost.