Specialty Restaurants- Walk-Up Possible?

dreamy61116

Is it possible to walk in to a specialty restaurant WITHOUT a reservation and just wait for a table to open up (like MTD)?  We have the Unlimited Dining Package but neither my husband nor I am fans of having to pre-select times at the specialty restaurants each night.  We're the "fly by the seat of your pants" type lol!  

Thanks all you Vet Cruisers for helping us rookies!

4 More Days til on Harmony!!!!  CAN'T WAIT!!!?️?

3 minutes ago, dreamy61116 said:

Is it possible to walk in to a specialty restaurant WITHOUT a reservation and just wait for a table to open up (like MTD)?  We have the Unlimited Dining Package but neither my husband nor I am fans of having to pre-select times at the specialty restaurants each night.  We're the "fly by the seat of your pants" type lol!  

Thanks all you Vet Cruisers for helping us rookies!

4 More Days til on Harmony!!!!  CAN'T WAIT!!!?️?

It's not a problem if you are willing to wait for a table to open up. Best to eat before 6 or after 8, if you don't want to wait too long.

Happy cruising!

1 minute ago, FManke said:

It's not a problem if you are willing to wait for a table to open up. Best to eat before 6 or after 8, if you don't want to wait too long.

Happy cruising!

Thanks FManke!  That's all I needed.  We have no problem knowing we'll have to wait but i'd rather do that than pre-plan and miss because we get stuck doing something else we don't want to pry ourselves away from!  

2 minutes ago, dreamy61116 said:

Thanks FManke!  That's all I needed.  We have no problem knowing we'll have to wait but i'd rather do that than pre-plan and miss because we get stuck doing something else we don't want to pry ourselves away from!  

I understand that. But as an over planner, I don't understand it! ?

I've already got restaurants picked out for our 2 nights in Venice before our cruise.

IN OCTOBER! ?

Over the years we have found that walk-ups are actually a better option than trying to reschedule a reservation.  Almost inevitably, if we try to rebook a reservation late in the cruise, we find it difficult; however, if we just walk up to the restaurant and ask to be seated, we usually have better results.

Be prepared for a “no”, however.  If you go during peak dining times (6-7), the restaurant could very well be booked.  If you eat very early (as we do) or after 8:00 I don’t think you would have any trouble.  We are often very surprised at how empty the restaurants are.  Also, realize that if you do not use your dining package you will not be reimbursed so there is a risk to not making reservations.