Freedom Of the Seas - Embarkation pier

Jeff Poulson

Hi Guys....Ive searched quite a bit and can't seem to find a recent answer as to which pier the Freedom departs from in San Juan, PR.   We will be sailing in Aug of this year and I'm trying to decide on a hotel the night before sailing that is reasonably close to the pier we'll be leaving from.  Any help would be appreciated!!!  

*I did find a post by Matt stating that the RC ships based in San Juan use the Pan America pier, but that was in 2015 and I wondered if that was still the case.*

Are you trying to stay close to the pier to walk to it?  I HIGHLY DO NOT recommend you do that.  The pier is a long road without much walking area off of it.  Plan to take a taxi/uber.  Condado and OSJ are close and offer a short ride to the Pan American Pier where Freedom embarks from.  RCCL cruises that depart from San Juan use the Pan American Pier that is NOT in Old San Juan.  RCCL ships that are coming for a port stop use the pier in Old San Juan.  This was true on 1/5/2020 when I took a FOTS sailing from San Juan, PR.  Hope this helps!  Have a great time!

21 hours ago, CruisinUpinLife said:

Are you trying to stay close to the pier to walk to it?  I HIGHLY DO NOT recommend you do that.  The pier is a long road without much walking area off of it.  Plan to take a taxi/uber.  Condado and OSJ are close and offer a short ride to the Pan American Pier where Freedom embarks from.  RCCL cruises that depart from San Juan use the Pan American Pier that is NOT in Old San Juan.  RCCL ships that are coming for a port stop use the pier in Old San Juan.  This was true on 1/5/2020 when I took a FOTS sailing from San Juan, PR.  Hope this helps!  Have a great time!

Perfect!!!!  No, I have no desire to drag all the luggage on foot!!! LOL!!!  Just wanted to be reasonably close,  so as to avoid a long taxi ride.   Thank you for the information!!