Travel Insurance

Hags1684

On 2/11/2020 at 4:50 PM, Hags1684 said:

I for the life of me can't remember if I selected the option to add travel insurance when I put down the deposit. So I pull out the invoice and it lists "Vacation protection Plan". Is this the insurance that Royal offers or did I sign up for somthing else ?

Me too.  Is this the insurance that I need if we needed to get off the ship somewhere for medical reasons?

It has a little medical protection but not enough to coverage if something major happens.  I would suggest getting Medical insurance if your policy you currently have does not cover travel medical coverage.

Royal covers:

• Trip Interruption: up to total trip cost if you can't start or finish your cruise vacation because you're sick or hurt, there's a death in the family or another covered reason
  • Trip Delay: up to $500 for catch-up expenses 
  • Accident Medical: up to $10,000 if you get hurt on your cruise vacation
  • Sickness Medical: up to $10,000 if you get sick on your cruise vacation
  • Emergency Medical Evacuation: up to $25,000 if you need emergency medical transportation
  • Baggage Protection: up to $1,500 if your bags are lost, stolen, or damaged
  • Bag Delay: up to $500 to buy necessary personal items if your bags are delayed

The Royal Protection Plan is minimal coverage on medical. We always purchase an additional medical/travel coverage for covering medical emergencies in foreign countries. If you check your medical coverage plan you will probably find exclusions and limitations on your coverage outside of the US. The supplemental plans are inexpensive for peace of mind. For us with one over 65 and one under it is $117 for a week cruise. Covers $1 million with no deductible. We paid under $75 for our two grown kids (over 40) and two grand kids for same coverage.