Western Carib shore excursions

ckarns

HI I will be taking my first cruise ALONE lol  in March on Allure of Seas Western Caribbean.   There are so many shore excursions to choose from I like beaches but also a taste of the town and shopping.  Can someone suggest a shore excursion for each port, Haiti Jamaica and Cozumel.  Was thinking the sandbar for Haiti.  Thanks for the help

Chris

For Haiti, which I assume is Labadee, I always just sit on the beach and enjoy.  If you want something to do, the zip line is I think the best excursion.  It's a bit pricey but gives such a great view.

For Cozumel, a great beach is Paradise Beach.  We have a review from our visit there here: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2010/07/21/excursion-focus-paradise-beach-cozumel

Personally, I love to explore the city in Cozumel.  Take a cab downtown and walk around.  I find the best shops to be 1-3 blocks from the main street and there's a lot to see and buy.

• 2 weeks later...

HI I will be taking my first cruise ALONE lol  in March on Allure of Seas Western Caribbean.   There are so many shore excursions to choose from I like beaches but also a taste of the town and shopping.  Can someone suggest a shore excursion for each port, Haiti Jamaica and Cozumel.  Was thinking the sandbar for Haiti.  Thanks for the help

Chris

Hello and Welcome to the Royal Caribbean Blog! Wow, you are embarking on a big adventure taking your very first cruise on the largest cruise ship in the world! And solo? I think you're going to have the time of your life. Feel free to ask any questions you have. There are many knowledgeable people on this message board.

The ports of call for your Western Caribbean Cruise onboard Allure of the Seas are Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica and Cozumel, Mexico.

Labadee, Haiti

This is Royal Caribbean's own private port on the Northern coast of Haiti. There are no (to my knowledge) excursions into the interior of Haiti due to security concerns. However, there is plenty to do at this newly enhanced private beach destination. Get your camera ready for some stunning ocean photos! I have been to Labadee, Haiti 3 times.

Things to do:

• Beach & Barbecue - Beach, Splash Zone, and BBQ Lunch (Food for the BBQ is brought from off the ship and lunch is still served onboard in the Windjammer Marketplace) - All No Charge
  • Dragon's Breath Flight Line (Zip Line) -Costs Extra
  • Dragon's Tail Coaster - Costs Extra
  • Haitian Market - Hand made crafts and clothing made by the locals - Costs Extra
  • Aqua Park - Located in the ocean, this "blown up" park includes floating islands and slides - Costs Extra
  • Water Sports - Wave Jet personal water craft, kayaking tours, and parasail rides are available - Costs Extra

Don't Miss:

• Labaduzee - Royal Caribbean signature Labadee island drink in a souvenir drink cup, available non-alcoholic - Costs Extra
  • Nellie's Beach & Barefoot Beach Club (Suite Guests) - Private beach cabanas available for rent - Costs Extra

US Dollar is accepted.

Falmouth, Jamaica

This is Royal Caribbean's newly built port on the northern side of Jamaica only 18 miles east from Montego Bay. There are many things you can do in and around the port. Trips to Montego Bay and Ocho Rios are popular places to visit. I have not been to Falmouth yet, only to Ocho Rios in 2010.

Things to do (Courtesy of Royal Caribbean):

• In Port - Numerous vendors offer shopping and dining opportunities
  • Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville Restaurant located in port
  • Good Hope Great House - Explore Jamaica history and culture
  • Appleton Estate - Sample and learn how real Jamaican rum is made
  • Dunn's River Falls - Located near Ocho Rios, Dunn's River Falls is a popular cruise guest destination
  • Beach Resorts - Located near Montego Bay are several beach resorts for a price offering their facilities for day guests

US Dollar is widely accepted. Many stores and restaurants accept credit cards.

Cozumel, Mexico

Here you will experience a sliver of what mainland Mexico has to offer in the tiny island of Cozumel. The port area has several vendors, downtown shopping and restaurants is approximately 3 miles form the pier. Taxi's are available to take you anywhere you choose from the port, or you can walk (like I did) to the downtown area. You will most likely see other ships in port with you. The ship you're sailing on will be the envy of the crowd. I have been to Cozumel once.

Things to do:

• Beaches, Shopping, Restaurants - All are available in the downtown district
  • Jeep Safari Tours - Explore the interior of the island
  • Golf - Hit a round at the Cozumel Country Club
  • Beach Resorts - Several hotels near the port for a price offer pools, bars, and restaurants for cruise guests to use
  • Snorkel, Submarine, and Dolphins - Swim, sit and play with all the things Cozumel has to offer

US Dollar is accepted - The $ sign is used to refer to pesos, don't be shocked at price tags. US$ or USD refers to the US Dollar. Many stores and restaurants accept credit cards.

Anyone have info about dolphin encounters that are good for kids in Cozumel? Ages 2 and almost 7. The 2 year old will probably be with but not participate I would imagine, but some of the places listed shows that were apart of the package. Cruise is April 6th.

Been on this itinerary 4 times...

A couple good bets:

a. Falmouth - Dunns River (its the hot tourist spot - but if you haven't done it you must do it); Second choice; Plantation tour was neat (but a tad pricey)..

b. Cozumel - If you like to Snorkel/ Scuba, do it here, great reef; Second choice: Tulum - Playa Paradiso is one of the top three beaches I have ever been to (only St. John was better); 

• 5 months later...