RCI Stock Benefits Question-Again

Va4fam

Did some research online and on the forum here looking up the RCI stockholder benefits.

It's clear that you must purchase a minimum of 100 shares but I am still unclear about if the stockholder discount can be applied in addition to other promotions or discounts.  Previously I don't think you could combine them but I thought I read a blog post  that the rules had changed and now you can.   Is that true?   Apologies but I can't find the thread where I read it.

I understand the risk/rewards of purchasing stock and was going to do it anyway.   But with 5 cruises booked, it would be great to get the extra discount.  

2 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

but I am still unclear about if the stockholder discount can be applied in addition to other promotions or discounts. 

It depends on the promo. They recently relaxed the rules, because for years the shareholder discount was not combinable with nearly any other promotion.

These days, it should stackable with more promos, but it really depends on the specific offering.

Thanks @Matt and @bobroo for the clarifications.   Understand it may be offered as OBC instead of discount, but I'm fine with that.

Obviously I am hoping it will be a good investment, but I will report back on how well the stockholder benefit works out.  

2 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Reading the RCI terms and conditions, it also references not being combined with Travel agent rates.

Does that mean I won't be able to use it because I already booked with MEI travel?

No, "Travel Agent Rates" are the reduced rate trips that travel industry people can often get. Also known and Fam trips (familiarization). They are provided so that travel agents can speak about various lines and itineraries with first hand knowledge.

17 hours ago, KristiZ said:

Same as Travel Agent rates, but for employees of airlines, hotels, cruises, etc. 

You are correct...my wife is an employee of FedEx, so we qualify for the Interline discount which negates any shareholder benefit. For a hot second, I thought I was going to become a shareholder in RC just to get an extra Onboard credit. ?

On 2/11/2020 at 6:15 PM, Va4fam said:

Did some research online and on the forum here looking up the RCI stockholder benefits.

It's clear that you must purchase a minimum of 100 shares but I am still unclear about if the stockholder discount can be applied in addition to other promotions or discounts.  Previously I don't think you could combine them but I thought I read a blog post  that the rules had changed and now you can.   Is that true?   Apologies but I can't find the thread where I read it.

I understand the risk/rewards of purchasing stock and was going to do it anyway.   But with 5 cruises booked, it would be great to get the extra discount.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/06/26/all-about-the-royal-caribbean-shareholder-discount

On 2/11/2020 at 7:19 PM, Va4fam said:

Thanks @Matt and @bobroo for the clarifications.   Understand it may be offered as OBC instead of discount, but I'm fine with that.

Obviously I am hoping it will be a good investment, but I will report back on how well the stockholder benefit works out.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/06/26/all-about-the-royal-caribbean-shareholder-discount

• 4 weeks later...