Just a little thanks :)

JG1209

I have to say--- I am really starting to feel like one of you guys..... ???

I have 2 cruises under my belt-- well technically 5- --- 3 of them from when I was a kid and Premier Cruise Lines was around... Recently, I have gone on Majesty and Enchantment. I am now going on Harmony in March.... Mariner in April.... and Oasis in March 2021.

I always check this blog for anything cruise related.. whether it is ship questions, excursion questions, dining, etc. I always use Royal Caribbean Blog as my top resource! You guys are amazing!

Thanks for always being so helpful and full of information. This forum and people are always so great! You are truly appreciated! Especially @Matt!

Just wanted to say my appreciation  ?  

I feel the same way! I was so prepared for my first Royal cruise in August as the adult-in-charge because of these boards. I went on a Holland America cruise after that in December and basically got on knowing nothing since I didn't have the same resources. Turns out HAL is pretty lame so I've got two more RC cruises booked! Looking to add another in 2021 ?

Agree. All of the people here have been knowledgeable, generous, and helpful. I havent cruised in almost 10 years, and hadnt been on an RC ship in 12. I too feel downright responsible and confident, as the ring leader of my group of 8 shipping out in April, thanks to the folks on these boards (and of course @Matt ). The enthusiasm for cruising RC is contagious, and we are already planning another. 

+ 1 Agree! My family thought I was a pro, and I felt like one with my very first sailing. I felt like we missed nothing and I had answers to all of the questions. We have fallen for RCCL and I am sure our amazing experience had to do with all of the kind people on this blog. I even reached out privately at first @WAAAYTOOO and the response was timely and warm. This was even before I found MEI so I was a DCL transfer newbie and she took me under her wing and made me feel like no question was stupid. Well I now have my TA MEI advocate Sharla & this Community to thank, I have 3 more sailings booked as of today, it's all YOUR fault. Thanks so much friends !

Thanks Thank You GIF

27 minutes ago, Neesa said:

+ 1 Agree! My family thought I was a pro, and I felt like one with my very first sailing. I felt like we missed nothing and I had answers to all of the questions. We have fallen for RCCL and I am sure our amazing experience had to do with all of the kind people on this blog. I even reached out privately at first @WAAAYTOOO and the response was timely and warm. This was even before I found MEI so I was a DCL transfer newbie and she took me under her wing and made me feel like no question was stupid. Well I now have my TA MEI advocate Sharla & this Community to thank, I have 3 more sailings booked as of today, it's all YOUR fault. Thanks so much friends !

Thanks Thank You GIF

Guilty as charged !  Enabler and proud of it !

I've been cruising for 13 years and still learn stuff every day from this site.

The biggest thing this forum has is kindness. In my short time here, I've seen some posts that could get people's blood boiling (like people who create an account just to complain about Royal like this is their Twitter account and will get a freebie), instead people jump in, be slightly sympathetic to their situation and calmly explain the policy or whatever.

That's in addition to people jumping in sharing their knowledge ... FOR FREE! 

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Add

I agree as well.  I went on my first cruise this past January and felt so well prepared from all the advice.  I never felt judged or that I was asking an annoying question.  I talked to several other first timers on our cruise and they felt lost and overwhelmed (I recommended this blog for next time!). Thanks everyone for the guidance- it was one of the best vacations we have ever had.  Looking forward to Symphony again next year!

10 hours ago, MinnesotaCruiser said:

I agree as well.  I went on my first cruise this past January and felt so well prepared from all the advice.  I never felt judged or that I was asking an annoying question.  I talked to several other first timers on our cruise and they felt lost and overwhelmed (I recommended this blog for next time!). Thanks everyone for the guidance- it was one of the best vacations we have ever had.  Looking forward to Symphony again next year!

Our first cruise was a themed 3-day Bahamas trip on Carnival ... Overwhelmed is an understatement! We didn't even know how dining worked LOL.