Still feel like I'm on the boat...

CaptainPanda

Not specific to Royal Caribbean, but we *did* just get back from a RC cruise on Explorer to the Eastern Caribbean. Loved the cruise, and already planning our next one.

We got back into port on Friday morning, and disembarked. I expected to feel as though I was still on the boat for a few hours afterwards, maybe a day or two. But here it is Monday evening, and I still feel as though I'm swaying and bobbing.

Is this a normal feeling, or something I should be concerned about?

11 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

Not specific to Royal Caribbean, but we *did* just get back from a RC cruise on Explorer to the Eastern Caribbean. Loved the cruise, and already planning our next one.

We got back into port on Friday morning, and disembarked. I expected to feel as though I was still on the boat for a few hours afterwards, maybe a day or two. But here it is Monday evening, and I still feel as though I'm swaying and bobbing.

Obviously you need to go on another cruise as quickly as possible. Like turning something off then on again - maybe it didn't reset your equilibrium and you need to try again. For science.

Interesting to see how long it lasts..its seems like this winter season the seas have been rougher or more swells causing ppl who normally aren't bothered by it to even notice it.

We couldn't believe how much movement there was on our HOS cruise in Nov..and there were many cases where ships encountered rougher than normal seas(I would say) for that time of year.

Normally for the first day or so off the ship I can feel it from time to time....this time it took me a couple of days. There have been cruises where I had NO feelings or affects like that though.

59 minutes ago, SnickerTail said:

Obviously you need to go on another cruise as quickly as possible. Like turning something off then on again - maybe it didn't reset your equilibrium and you need to try again. For science.

That's gotta be it. Perfect remedy. You're really good at this whole 'diagnosis' thing! ?

51 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Interesting to see how long it lasts..its seems like this winter season the seas have been rougher or more swells causing ppl who normally aren't bothered by it to even notice it.

We couldn't believe how much movement there was on our HOS cruise in Nov..and there were many cases where ships encountered rougher than normal seas(I would say) for that time of year.

Normally for the first day or so off the ship I can feel it from time to time....this time it took me a couple of days. There have been cruises where I had NO feelings or affects like that though.

I will say that the seas on embarkation day out of Miami were particularly rough. We were sailing with a couple of experienced cruisers who said it was unusual. The rest of the trip was pretty smooth, though.

52 minutes ago, CurtisM said:

It's normal. I spent 9 years in the Navy and when we got back from deployment I always felt the same way. It's an inner ear thing. Should go away, but if it persist see your doctor.

Ahoy shipmate!

Yup... After a six month deployment on the Constellation I remember feeling the sway for about a week.

13 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

The feeling seems to disappear the more you cruise...Our suggestion is to cruise more...Lol

5 hours ago, HendersonPhoto said:

Ahoy shipmate!

Yup... After a six month deployment on the Constellation I remember feeling the sway for about a week.

Remember the post cruise sway well. Enterprise World Cruise 1989, 44,000 miles.

My cruise last year on Freedom I didn't feel a thing as the boat rocked. Watched the people while sitting at the pub as they staggered down the promenade.

22 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

Yes, it can happen and falls into the "normal" category.  It will go away with time but there are also exercises one can do if you feel vertigo and can't really function (lying in bed and moving hour head--check the internet).  It has to do with your inner ear.

We had quite a rocky cruise this time (all the way forward deck 10 didn’t help either) but neither my husband or I get seasick so it was fine.  What was bad was the motion on land!  At ports I couldn’t wait to get back on the ship to feel normal.  Took me about 5 days before neither of us could feel the ocean waves.  While it was annoying I was sort of sad to see it fade as it was the last reminder of our cruise other than the pictures and souvenirs...