2 day cruise on Infinity worth it?

Irieman

I have been on seven RC cruises and swore that I will forge ahead on RC until Diamond status.  At that point with status being recognized O thought I would branch out to Celebrity. 

Well, the cruise bug has caught me and I am looking at 2 day get aways to carry me over until my next week long cruise. Have others been on such short cruises? Was it worth it to you? Any suggestions pro or con would.be appreciated? Thanks. 

I've done 2 night RC cruises (and have another booked in May).

If you have to fly, it's not worth it.

If you can tack it onto the next sailing for a back to back, even better.

If you can drive to the port easily, then yes, it's better than not cruising it all. But it goes by so incredibly quickly.

Sorry for taking so long to chime in.

We've sailed Royal, Celebrity, and many other lines, and ended up booking one of these 2 night Infinity sailings for last weekend.  In fact, we did so while on Brilliance of the Seas a few weeks earlier.

I've long felt that if you like the way Royal does things, but for a particular sailing, you're not going with anyone that needs rock walls, flow riders, etc to make the cruise awesome, then Celebrity offers a really great product, that trades some of those things you might not need on a given sailing, for a less crowded experience.  

The sailing ended up being really enjoyable, despite worrying the whole time if we'd be worried that it'd feel too much like a tease.  The ship, which is a Millennium class ship, is roughly the same size and vintage as Brilliance of the Seas, but felt a bit more modern.  She is in great shape, and the staterooms are larger than you might expect out of a ship from that period of time.  

On things to note is that Infinity hasn't yet one through Celebrity Revolution, X's fleet revitalization program - so her style/feel is not the same as what you see on Edge, or ships that have gone through the process.  No complaints about this - she was very pretty and comfy, just something to know.  

Check on my Instagram feed or Facebook page for a bunch of photos and some video (esp on FB as I did a couple live videos).  I'll be putting out a summary of the sailing in the next couple days, but am happy to answer any questions you might have.  You can see my pre-cruise thoughts here.

I'm still working on some other items (video and such) from that sailing, but you can check out the Celebrity Today (daily program) from that sailing here: https://www.cruisehabit.com/content/celebrity-infinity-february-2020-2-night-nassau-celebrity-today-shore-excursions

On 2/10/2020 at 4:55 PM, Irieman said:

I have been on seven RC cruises and swore that I will forge ahead on RC until Diamond status.  At that point with status being recognized O thought I would branch out to Celebrity. 

Well, the cruise bug has caught me and I am looking at 2 day get aways to carry me over until my next week long cruise. Have others been on such short cruises? Was it worth it to you? Any suggestions pro or con would.be appreciated? Thanks. 

Maybe you can wait to defer your loyalty status match or just not sign up yet for Celebrity's Captain's Club unless you decide to primarily cruise with Celebrity instead.

Thanks @monorailmedic for all the info.  I booked the April two day cruise as a weekend get away. We are looking forward to trying Royal's sister cruise line.  Thought we would wait until Diamond status to branch out but the deal and timing was perfect! 

Not putting the March to Diamond on hold. This is just a bonus weekend that we would not have done. 47 days and counting!!