Quantum of the Seas Feb 24th

stupot

Hi 

Finally at that stage when invited by agent to make a choice re how we wish to proceed. Credit for future date doesn't work for us as family of 4 looking forward to being away for wifes 50th so really want to be doing something now. Can find a couple of other options for same time period far away from Asia if we so choose however probably not as good as what we have booked. My major concern now is finding ourselves in quarantine for two weeks which is just something no of us can afford to do so unfortunately it's crystal ball time! A final thought, Quantum carries some 4900 passengers and I 'm guessing that, assuming cruise was running at full capacity, approximately 30% may be discounted straight away in respect of people who would have passed through China / Hong Kong 15 days prior to sail date and whom therefore won't be allowed to board. The remainning passengers, many whom I guess may take the future credit option plus other potential options offered,  you then begin to wonder just how many passengers may finally end up departing on the 24th?

Any comments apprecaited. 

I have just read news that Westerdam cruise of Holland American Line was denied entry to the ports of Thailand, Japan, Philippines and Guam. And there are NO ill people on board.The ship departed from Hong Kong Feb 1st and was denied entry while already in sea. That is the problem for ALL cruises in South East Asia.

We cancelled and demanded a full refund. The changes to the itinerary, in particular moving the embarkation point by 2500 miles just didn't work for us. We weren't particularly worried about catching the virus but being put in quarantine and being confined to a small cabin for 14 days did !

Royal Caribbean were receptive to our cancellation request and I'm happy to say we have received a full refund of our fare, gratuities, drinks & internet packages.

So glad we took this option, particularly as we now learn that the preceding sailing of Quantum on the 15th out of Singapore has been cancelled at short notice !