Cruise Prices For UK Guests

1Cruiser1

Hi all,

Just came back from my first cruise on Allure Of The Seas...she was a dream. I can see why so many people cruise. 

We are looking to book another cruise for next year back to the Caribbean. I'd just like to know how much it roughly costs pp. Sorry for being intrusive I'd like to know so I don't feel like I'm over paying.

UK to Miami

2 nights in Aloft Airport Miami

7 Nights on Allure with balcony

Deluxe Drinks Package

1 night in Nuvo Suites Doral

4 Nights in Doubletree Hilton The Gates Hotel South Beach

For two people it roughly worked out with spending money £2k each.

We cannot afford this next time. We'd like somewhere around £1k each. I'd sacrifice a balcony but only for a window room. When booking Allure it was only £35pp to upgrade to a balcony. 

Thanks for your help

Are you saying the 2K/pp was just for the cruise part, or for the whole two weeks? Because if it was for the whole time I'd say that's a pretty good deal. 14 days vacation that works out to just under 150/pp/pd.

If it was just for the cruise, then I would recommend really looking at whether you got value from the drink package, since that would have been your single largest expense outside of the cruise fare itself. 

Also, try to book as far in advance as possible, in a shoulder season like October. That will usually bring the cruise fare down.

Hope that helps!

3 minutes ago, LJM9504 said:

The cruise was £1318 for both of us without drinks package. 

You did pretty well for a balcony cabin. The rock bottom prices that I see (except for trans-Atlantics and a few one-offs) tend to be just under $100USD/pp/pd (often for an inside cabin, though). So if you see that kind of rate, know that it's unlikely to be better.

Personally, I use NextCruise onboard as much as I can, because the rates are good with the discount and you also get some onboard credit to help with expenses.

Also, a travel agent can help a lot -- give them your available times and let them do the constant searching for a deal! 

13 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

You did pretty well for a balcony cabin. The rock bottom prices that I see (except for trans-Atlantics and a few one-offs) tend to be just under $100USD/pp/pd (often for an inside cabin, though). So if you see that kind of rate, know that it's unlikely to be better.

Personally, I use NextCruise onboard as much as I can, because the rates are good with the discount and you also get some onboard credit to help with expenses.

Also, a travel agent can help a lot -- give them your available times and let them do the constant searching for a deal! 

Yeah at the time of booking there was a promotion on RC website. The cruise should of been £2126 so we got just under 1k off. 

If I remember correctly we booked it in July online and as we were sailing in 2020 we ended up getting £500pp off.

11 hours ago, LJM9504 said:

We cannot afford this next time. We'd like somewhere around £1k each. I'd sacrifice a balcony but only for a window room. When booking Allure it was only £35pp to upgrade to a balcony. 

Thanks for your help

If you are looking for £1k each with flights and cruise? In my opinion you would be looking at more like a 3 or 5 night cruise and a 1 week holiday.

On 2/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, Spang1974 said:

If you are looking for £1k each with flights and cruise? In my opinion you would be looking at more like a 3 or 5 night cruise and a 1 week holiday.

That’s certainly more expensive that a one week all inclusive holiday.

i really find some of the pricing to be very expensive.

2 minutes ago, 1Cruiser1 said:

That’s certainly more expensive that a one week all inclusive holiday.

i really find some of the pricing to be very expensive.

Definitely! I can do ALL-Inclusive with flights to Spain 10 days for £800pp. Cruising from the states becomes expensive for the UK due to flights, currency conversion, and other factors. Have you tried looking at other cruise lines or sailing from the UK or Europe?