"Follow That Star...Our Journey Back to Oasis" - Star Class - 3/15/2020-3/22/2020

Lovetocruise2002

22 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Boooooooo. Unacceptable. Too many of us were looking forward to another AquaTheatre review. Now we’ll never get the completion of the story of where @betatke1480 hid the note and what it said. This is like a network sitcom that gets cancelled after a cliff hanger ?

I wish I would have taken a picture of it.  All I did was take a picture of where I hid it.  

On 3/10/2020 at 11:19 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It has been a crazy few days. Lots of back and forth between go and don’t go. Ultimately, a few things sealed the deal for us.

Never were we worried about the virus on the ship. I am still of the mindset that the ship is likely one of the cleanest places at the moment. Quarantine on the ship was also an afterthought, because how bad could it be in the ATS?  

What really made us re-think over the last few days was the possibility of being further quarantined in Trenton (military base). That is where they are taking all the Canadians on the Princess ships. That does not sound like a great time.

Yesterday, Delta also waived change fees for all travel this month, and Royal revised their “Cruise with Confidence” policy in that we would get back our FCC that we redeemed for this sailing. So really, we would lose nothing by not going. It was beginning to get harder to justify going.

The ultimate deal breaker is that Plan B, was better than Plan A. This blog is officially, “To be continued...” in 166 days.  

We are sad, but at the same, for the hockey people out there, we feel like we just won the Stanley Cup of cruising!  

When one door closes, another one opens. ?

88054166-FBA8-415D-B98F-392718C16F7E.thumb.jpeg.832aa6a55317c136eec79b04d45f4367.jpeg

1740 is the most amazing room.  We stayed in it two years ago.  I still look at the pictures and smile!

On 3/18/2020 at 8:59 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That is what keeps us going these days. Thoughts of that cabin. ❤️

I took my folks to celebrate 81 and 82 birthday and 59 wedding anniversary.  My dads youngest sister also came.  None of them knew what type of room we had.  They thought an ocean balcony room and we would make due.  From the time we dropped off the luggage until we got on a private elevator they were totally confused.  Walking into the suite and turning the corner it just took my breath away,  It is probably the first time my dad and aunt couldn't speak.  My mom just started to cry.  My folks had the downstairs bedroom my aunt and I the loft.  there was more room that I can say.  Closet space oh my, drawers oh my.  Its like being in an apartment.  The hot tub was my new best friend.  Having a genie, food, 3pm cocktails well you know the drill.  Was it worth the money since I paid the bulk of the cost.....YES!!!!  Would I do it again,,...I DID.  My folks and I cruised the Oasis again this past September but this time on the other end of 17.  The room not as big the the benefits all the same.

@MadamG2U that is such a heart warming story. Hoping for a similar experience with my parents at the end of this year. We have the Villa booked on HM with them. A treat for my Mom’s 70th birthday. Praying that this whole mess blows over by then and we can all go. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@MadamG2U that is such a heart warming story. Hoping for a similar experience with my parents at the end of this year. We have the Villa booked on HM with them. A treat for my Mom’s 70th birthday. Praying that this whole mess blows over by then and we can all go. 

Hoping this works for you.  I decided to cancel all my cruises for this year.  One with my folks, a girls trip and one with my boyfriend.  We all just decided it would be better to be home and they were all between February and May.  I try to take my folks on vacation.  Sort of my way of giving back since they are on fixed incomes.  My back up plan is DVC maybe Hilton Head or Vero Beach later in the year.

• 3 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, SweetPea said:

I knew you would appreciate the importance of this most pressing request! ?

If you don't pull out the dryers, no worries. We are driving so i will pack my own. I had carpal tunnel from those dang things on Anthem! ?

Really, really looking forward to your onboard review, especially where you wind up eating. So many choices!  I need to do a good 20 now so i can gain 10 back onboard.... 

I know this is an old thread, but I bring a rubberband to hold the button on the hair dryer down.  

On 3/10/2020 at 11:19 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The ultimate deal breaker is that Plan B, was better than Plan A. This blog is officially, “To be continued...” in 166 days.  

Don’t know at this point if I am sad, or happy to announce that this blog is officially, “To be continued in 623 days!”

Our journey back to Oasis is taking a detour in the form of Plan C, 8 Night Symphony next summer in 1744 ? and Oasis now will be 2022.  ?

2 hours ago, ellcee said:

So is this the record of earliest blog start?

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No clue! I gave up counting, it’s too depressing lol

It doesn't matter. @Matt is still the one who started the trend and forever carries that cone of shame around his neck. ?