"Follow That Star...Our Journey Back to Oasis" - Star Class - 3/15/2020-3/22/2020

Lovetocruise2002

40 minutes ago, Jax said:

Curious to hear your observations on the sushi making class as we found the setup on Anthem a bit unappealing and cancelled our reservstion. Guacamole class sounds interesting...

I don’t feel bad...I had multiple hotels booked in NYC too!  I was paranoid I would forget to cancel one and end up paying for more than 1 hotel room.  LOL 

Funny way these two classes came about.  Izzy scheduled us in for the Sushi class without us even asking. I was going to ask him to take it off but Hubby and the kids wanted to leave it so we did.

The Guacamole class idea was actually from a post by someone here on the message boards. Someone was wondering what it would be like now that Sabor was gone and that left me wondering too. I got curious and took a look at the cruise planner and noticed that tequila is included with that class. Checked with Izzy to see if it was complementary and it is, so who am I to turn down complimentary tequila! ? And we also love guacamole and chips. ?

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Funny way these two classes came about.  Izzy scheduled us in for the Sushi class without us even asking. I was going to ask him to take it off but Hubby and the kids wanted to leave it so we did.

The Guacamole class idea was actually from a post by someone here on the message boards. Someone was wondering what it would be like now that Sabor was gone and that left me wondering too. I got curious and took a look at the cruise planner and noticed that tequila is included with that class. Checked with Izzy to see if it was complementary and it is, so who am I to turn down complimentary tequila! ? And we also love guacamole and chips. ?

They are holding the guacamole class in Giovanni's.  Talk about a confusion of cultures...

On 2/26/2020 at 10:39 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I knew I should have done that class on Liberty!!! 

3 hours ago, betatke1480 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 We hid a little note for you in the room.  I think I put it somewhere easy for you to find with clues, but not somewhere that it will be taken by someone else or found by the cabin attendant.  ?

Love it!  It's like an Easter Egg Hunt!  

19 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Margarita with resposado tequila and a little Grand Marnier floated on top - YUMMMMMMM

Margarita with reposado tequila, Cointreau, and an ice shot of Grand Marnier floated on top! With straw on the side to drink the shot first!

A.k.a., the Ultimate Margarita at Bahama Breeze. ?

Single digit dance update: 

9 days out and this is the most unsettling single digit dance we have ever done. Today we find ourselves very uncertain of what next week will hold.  Never fear though when you are a Type A planner like me. ?

In the past hour, I have put 5 cruises on hold as a Plan B, C, D, E, and F.  Thank goodness for fantastic travel agents who work tirelessly at all hours. So hopefully this blog continues on, or it may be on hold for a while....stay tuned. 

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

9 days out and this is the most unsettling single digit dance we have ever done. Today we find ourselves very uncertain of what next week will hold.  Never fear though when you are a Type A planner like me. ?

In the past hour, I have put 5 cruises on hold as a Plan B, C, D, E, and F.  Thank goodness for fantastic travel agents who work tirelessly at all hours. So hopefully this blog continues on, or it may be on hold for a while....stay tuned. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that plan A goes off without a hitch!

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I hope Plan A works out for you but nothing wrong with having lots of options! Knowing you have options may help you make the decision that’s right for your family. ?everything works out! 

On 2/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After receiving the initial email, we sent back our reply that evening in the form of a Word doc.  Pretty basic stuff.  Just outlining the restaurants that we want to eat at and the shows that we want to see.  Also, we noted some standing orders that we wanted for each day.  Not celebrating anything so nothing too fancy.

Have been enjoying your live blogs! I believe we are cruising the HOS villa shortly after you (we're NYE cruise). I'd be interested to see your Word doc of what you include for planning for your genie? 

1 minute ago, jlhnell said:

Have been enjoying your live blogs! I believe we are cruising the HOS villa shortly after you (we're NYE cruise). I'd be interested to see your Word doc of what you include for planning for your genie? 

Not sure what the doc for the Villa will look like.  That one might be a bit more complex.

The one we sent last year and this year just included a list of the shows we wanted to watch, restaurants we wanted to eat at, activities that we wanted to sign up for (ex. Cupcake class, bridge tours, sushi class, etc.), and initially boarding day "wants" (snacks, certain items that we want stocked in the room, etc.).

On 3/8/2020 at 4:20 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Still on the fence but the packing has begun. You all know that on top of being a “suite snob” I am also a “tea snob” right? And it’s good to be prepared in case of quarantine. ?

I don't see any Gold Tips Imperial in there, so I guess you're not that much of a tea snob. ? 

Anyone who actually gets that reference gets one billion bonus geekery points.

It has been a crazy few days. Lots of back and forth between go and don’t go. Ultimately, a few things sealed the deal for us.

Never were we worried about the virus on the ship. I am still of the mindset that the ship is likely one of the cleanest places at the moment. Quarantine on the ship was also an afterthought, because how bad could it be in the ATS?  

What really made us re-think over the last few days was the possibility of being further quarantined in Trenton (military base). That is where they are taking all the Canadians on the Princess ships. That does not sound like a great time.

Yesterday, Delta also waived change fees for all travel this month, and Royal revised their “Cruise with Confidence” policy in that we would get back our FCC that we redeemed for this sailing. So really, we would lose nothing by not going. It was beginning to get harder to justify going.

The ultimate deal breaker is that Plan B, was better than Plan A. This blog is officially, “To be continued...” in 166 days.  

We are sad, but at the same, for the hockey people out there, we feel like we just won the Stanley Cup of cruising!  

When one door closes, another one opens. ?

88054166-FBA8-415D-B98F-392718C16F7E.thumb.jpeg.832aa6a55317c136eec79b04d45f4367.jpeg

Sabrina, I saw your post and am really sorry for the end result. As you know, we went through the same dilemma...and came to the same conclusion.  Exact same reasons as you with the worry of being quarantined  back on a military base back here.

That's great that Delta waived the change fees (no luck for us with porter)...and good you have one coming up that is even more exciting for you.

My hope is that Royal keeps doing what they are doing, and then the longer things go smooth, the sooner things will get back to normal (or a new normal).

Hope you still have a wonderful March break with whatever you end up doing.

23 minutes ago, ellcee said:

Will you and your family do anything fun to make up for this week (now, I mean)?

We plan to hit the local Mexican and BBQ restaurants and there is talk of finally building the LEGO Death Star.  I'll be watching videos of 1740. ?

33 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

Now I wonder what will happen to my hidden message... Maybe you can have your Genie sneak you into 9730 and see if it's still there in August.  ?

I just said to Hubby last night that we will not know about your message now.  Too funny!  Maybe whoever gets the Royal Up will find it.

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

For both you and I....

We made our decision early but on Monday my husband's company stated that anyone who gets sick after a cruise ship vacation quarantined for a minimum of 30 days unpaid (or use your vacay time).  That made our decision much more tolerable plus we are still going somewhere.  Many companies in my area are having a mandatory 14 days self quarantine if you go on a cruise ship.  It is so crazy right now!

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It has been a crazy few days. Lots of back and forth between go and don’t go. Ultimately, a few things sealed the deal for us.

Never were we worried about the virus on the ship. I am still of the mindset that the ship is likely one of the cleanest places at the moment. Quarantine on the ship was also an afterthought, because how bad could it be in the ATS?  

What really made us re-think over the last few days was the possibility of being further quarantined in Trenton (military base). That is where they are taking all the Canadians on the Princess ships. That does not sound like a great time.

Yesterday, Delta also waived change fees for all travel this month, and Royal revised their “Cruise with Confidence” policy in that we would get back our FCC that we redeemed for this sailing. So really, we would lose nothing by not going. It was beginning to get harder to justify going.

The ultimate deal breaker is that Plan B, was better than Plan A. This blog is officially, “To be continued...” in 166 days.  

We are sad, but at the same, for the hockey people out there, we feel like we just won the Stanley Cup of cruising!  

When one door closes, another one opens. ?

88054166-FBA8-415D-B98F-392718C16F7E.thumb.jpeg.832aa6a55317c136eec79b04d45f4367.jpeg

Boooooooo. Unacceptable. Too many of us were looking forward to another AquaTheatre review. Now we’ll never get the completion of the story of where @betatke1480 hid the note and what it said. This is like a network sitcom that gets cancelled after a cliff hanger ?

25 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Now we’ll never get the completion of the story of where @betatke1480 hid the note and what it said. This is like a network sitcom that gets cancelled after a cliff hanger ?

Trust me, I factored that into consideration! ? In the end, the call of Deck 17 won out.