Anthem transatlantic to Southampton UK

Mljstr

We are on the transatlantic to Southampton UK in April. I need to book a car service to take us to our hotel. The ship is due to arrive at 5:30 am. We are D+ which is supposed to give us priority disembarking. What time should I tell the car service to pick us up?

BTW if anyone else is on that cruise which arrives in Southampton on April 24, I just discovered the London Marathon is Sunday the 26th so it will be super crowded that weekend. Better book everything  now if you haven't already done so.

We are on the same cruise. But I don't think I can be much help with your question. As we live just 20 minutes from the port, we tend to take our time and get off around 9:00. Southampton usually provides a very quick disembarkation process so you could easily be out of the terminal, with luggage, a lot earlier (say 8:00). I know we have been home by 9:00 in the past.

London is a large city.  If you avoid the direct route of the marathon I doubt you'd even notice it was going on.  Just stick to the tube and avoid sites (and hotels) on the route and you should be fine.  So avoid places like Tower Bridge/Westminster/Buckingham Palace but go for Kensington/Hyde Park/Museum of London/Southbank or do a partial day trip to Windsor, Castle Harry Potter Studios, etc.

I completely forgot about the marathon last year and ended up in Greenwich that day!  Aside from having to walk a couple of blocks out of our way to go around some barricades, it wasn't a problem at all.