MrsBMoore

Royal Wedding on Oasis Class

Welcome and congrats on getting engaged Nikki!

I know Royal Caribbean re-did their entire wedding packages back in October 2012: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2012/10/31/royal-caribbean-offers-new-weddings-sea

I can't offer any firsthand information other than you can actually get married onboard, whereas in the past you had to technically get married off the ship for legal reasons but that's all changed.

In terms of avoiding rain, June, July and August are definitely the rainy seasons in the tropics but June & July tends to be less active hurricane wise than August through October.  Not saying you won't have a hurricane but odds are better.  If you can, yes, I think June/July might be a better choice all things considered.

Thanks for the report Luke and a big congratulations!  Sounds like you had a great time and the ceremony, despite the weather changes, was a success!

Thanks for the report Luke and a big congratulations!  Sounds like you had a great time and the ceremony, despite the weather changes, was a success!

Hello Nikki and congratulations. I just wanted to warn you about the Royal Caribbean weddings. My son and daughter in law got married on the ship in December 2014. Prior to set sailing they had an awful experience with people getting back to them. When they finally got the right people it went smoothly, however, to date they have not received all that they paid for. They especially have NOT RECEIVED their wedding certificate. They have emailed and called and NOBODY has returned either.  So as a note to you, be diligent and persistent on what you want and follow through. Don't let them forget you.

Signed Disappointed but beautiful cruise

Hi, is anyone able to offer advice on photography packages? I am getting married next month on oasis and not sure whether to upgrade the photography package. We are a small party, under 15 of us. Will one hour be enough for photos? I would like group shots after the ceremony and I would like photos in the different neighbourhoods of ship. Did you like your photos? I've read that they can be hit or miss. Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, is anyone able to offer advice on photography packages? I am getting married next month on oasis and not sure whether to upgrade the photography package. We are a small party, under 15 of us. Will one hour be enough for photos? I would like group shots after the ceremony and I would like photos in the different neighbourhoods of ship. Did you like your photos? I've read that they can be hit or miss. Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

My friend got married and used the photo package (1 hour) and I think she said they all came out well.  In fact, it seemed like the photographers stayed a little longer than the 1 hour they stipulated (no promises that will happen for you too)

Congratulations Extra Petite!

We had two hours of photography but he spent more time with us then that. Probably helped we were on a ship that didn't get a lot of weddings. There was only 4 of us (guess you call that a REALLY small group). We were also able to split the photos into two days which meant we all had to get dressed up twice but it allowed us to do outside shots on a beautiful day. 

Our photographer was pretty good at what he did. He was very nice! I wouldn't call him a professional and some shots were disappointing, but others were great! Honestly, I could imagine some would be less experienced but I suspect the bigger ships that have A LOT more weddings would also have more experienced photographers. 

My advice would be. Don't be afraid to speak up if you want a different location (they were very accommodating for us). Take the time of day into consideration (I even thought about the direction the ship was facing) and make sure he's taking the pictures at the highest resolution he can.

Matt, perhaps Extra Petite could come on the show after the wedding?

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your input. It has been very helpful :) I think I will stick to one hour and maybe pre pay for extra photos.

Aussiecoasterking and Matt - what show are you referring to?? I've also never cruised before either so all this is new to me!

Extra petite,

If you look at the top of the page, you should see "podcast" on the far right.  If you're on a mobile device or tablet, then click menu and then podcast.  Matt produces the Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast every week; new episodes are released every Wednesday at approximately noon eastern time in the U.S.

Oh wow! I had no idea the podcasts were there. I will get listening! :)

Thanks for checking it out.  I hope you will enjoy it and please feel free to email the podcast with your questions, comments or thoughts! matt@royalcaribbeanblog.com