Lobster night

Gwen

1 hour ago, spursfreak21 said:

I'll add - on my last 5 night sailing the MDR did run a special on the surf and turf (Lobster tail and steak) one night. It was like 30% off.  I went ahead and got it because was also craving the lobster and was so disappointed there wasn't a "lobster night" on my cruise.  

Hopefully we will get that offer!!

OK, I know I'll sound like a snob, but I'm from Massachusetts and the ONLY lobster worthy of the name is, to me, one from cold New England waters. Maine has the best! But I live in Florida now, and what they call a "lobster" here is from warmer waters and what we Northerners call a crayfish. Can you tell me what kind of "lobster" is served on a RC ship crossing the Gulf of Mexico to the Western Caribbean? If it's a warm-water "lobster," I would be disappointed.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, tiny blonde said:

OK, I know I'll sound like a snob, but I'm from Massachusetts and the ONLY lobster worthy of the name is, to me, one from cold New England waters. Maine has the best! But I live in Florida now, and what they call a "lobster" here is from warmer waters and what we Northerners call a crayfish. Can you tell me what kind of "lobster" is served on a RC ship crossing the Gulf of Mexico to the Western Caribbean? If it's a warm-water "lobster," I would be disappointed.

Thanks.

When a ship offers lobster without a charge it is always warm water lobster.  Maritime or cold water lobster is often available for an additional charge in some restaurants.   

1 hour ago, tiny blonde said:

OK, I know I'll sound like a snob, but I'm from Massachusetts and the ONLY lobster worthy of the name is, to me, one from cold New England waters.

We also hale from the Bay State and enjoy seafood. The "free lobster" is a tail only and the warm water kind. Really not bad, but you miss out on the sweet claws and leg meat.  As Twangster noted you can order cold water lobster for an up charge, I think it was around $20. 

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

When a ship offers lobster without a charge it is always warm water lobster.  Maritime or cold water lobster is often available for an additional charge in some restaurants.   

18 minutes ago, foxrunner said:

We also hale from the Bay State and enjoy seafood. The "free lobster" is a tail only and the warm water kind. Really not bad, but you miss out on the sweet claws and leg meat.  As Twangster noted you can order cold water lobster for an up charge, I think it was around $20. 

Thank you both very much!! It might be worth $20 for a Maine lobster, but I definitely won't order a "free" lobster dinner. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...