Celebrity's Cruise Planner is having a sale now, too!

JLMoran

If you saw @Matt's post today, you know that Royal is having a WOW sale on the Cruise Planner. Well, after reading this I checked the Cruise Planner on Celebrity and saw they, too, are having a sale right now! Discounts that I saw included:

• Many shore excursions (including on-ship activities like the All-Access Ship Tour)
  • First-night dinner at Tuscan Grille (but no other dining packages or individual reservations, including Chef's Table)
  • All internet packages (discount gets bigger with device count -- 10% off 1-device, 20% off 2-device, 30% off 3-device, and 40% off a 4-device plan)
  • Photo books and digital photo packages

Take a look if you're booked and see if you can get some savings! I'm pretty disappointed that there was no discount offered on the beverage packages (even the non-alcoholic ones), but I'll just re-check around Memorial Day and 4th of July weekend when it's that much closer to sail date.

My experience - the only one I've had, mind you - is that they don't discount the drink packages.  My Summit sailing price stayed the same from booking to sailing.  The ONLY time I saw a sale was once, and it was a true BOGO - you paid full price for one and got the second for free.   It was at the same time as they were offering my super amazing resident rate.  Otherwise, in the 12 months leading up to the sailing, it did not change once.  

A week prior to sailing, we got an e-mail offering us that same BOGO, which we took.  ? 

24 minutes ago, KathyC said:

My experience - the only one I've had, mind you - is that they don't discount the drink packages.  My Summit sailing price stayed the same from booking to sailing.  The ONLY time I saw a sale was once, and it was a true BOGO - you paid full price for one and got the second for free.   It was at the same time as they were offering my super amazing resident rate.  Otherwise, in the 12 months leading up to the sailing, it did not change once.  

A week prior to sailing, we got an e-mail offering us that same BOGO, which we took.  ? 

Well that's a definite bummer. First because the interior cabins on my sailing are already sold out, which tells me there is no way in Hades that this cruise is ever going down in price unless some huge swath of the passengers suddenly decide on April 28 (day before final payment) that actually, they'd rather not do this awesome itinerary.

But if I have to pay the full $22/day for 4 premium non-alcoholic packages, I'll be seriously thinking about just telling my family, "Buy as many coffees and other non-alcoholic drinks as you want, I'm about 98% sure that you won't average out to that price per day with all the port days we have."

I will say that back around Christmas or New Year's, I actually did see a modest sale on the drink packages, but it not advertised as such at all. The Premium alcohol package was discounted from $69/night to I think $59 or so, while the Classic alcohol package was down from $59/night to maybe $50 or $55. The non-alcohol packages were discounted by something like $2/night, which I might have gone for; but the timing was all wrong financially and I couldn't grab either. But hope springs eternal; if I caught it once, I hope that I will catch it again.