Are there good views to be had on Empress without getting a suite?

Chadster

I'm new to the forums and new to the world of Royal Caribbean cruising. I'm already booked on a cruise on Grandeur in May, and I feel pretty prepared for that based on my research. However, I'm considering a September 2021 cruise on Empress, which is a cruise along the St. Lawrence River and out into the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Since it's basically a "river cruise plus", I'm really looking forward to the scenery. If I got an interior cabin, are there plenty of places on the ship where I can sit and watch the scenery with good views? I don't really like the idea of getting an ocean-view cabin and just sitting in there all day -- and a suite is definitely beyond doable for me.

I'm just curious to know people's experiences on Empress when it comes to watching the world glide by.

Thanks in advance for any insight. ?

Lots of advice.  I find the smaller ships “cozier” and little more relaxing.   Plenty of good views.   Especially at dawn and night with crowds pretty low.   My favorite areas to chill were above the Windjammer. There are chairs and tables for a nice late night drink an get busy in afternoons     And believe it or not there is a small area by the Viking lounge/gym    I will try to find a picture.  Although I unfortunately may be in them. The picture below is by gym.  Small area in back of ship

69E56D21-E1A2-4658-A0C3-39BD8C0A8D01.jpeg

Thanks for the additional insight, all! It sounds like Empress would be a great ship for this particular cruise. I also like the fact it's a smaller ship, as of course is Grandeur for my upcoming cruise in May. I honestly feel overwhelmed just reading about some of the "large and in charge" ships in the RCCL fleet!