cancel excursions?

Mljstr

We made a late booking for our cruise and there are very few excursions listed on the cruise planner as available. Is it possible to book an excursion and then get on a waitlist onboard with the idea of canceling the first booking if our preferred excursion becomes available?

Cancellations onboard do happen.  Just go the shore excursion desk right away before they get really busy.

Personally, I'd use trip advisor to search for a similar excursion from a 3rd party.  Many 3rd parties offer the same excursion to RC as well as the public and often for less than RC charges.  

11 hours ago, melski94 said:

Cancellations onboard do happen.  Just go the shore excursion desk right away before they get really busy.

Personally, I'd use trip advisor to search for a similar excursion from a 3rd party.  Many 3rd parties offer the same excursion to RC as well as the public and often for less than RC charges.  

@melski94 Very True.  I have used "Viator" for shore excursions and they were just as professional as RC shore excursions. @Mljstr I also believe you can get a discount for your first time you use them. Just be mindful of the times you are at the port and see if the excursion works into your port timeline.  Have Fun! :79_smiley_cat:

18 hours ago, Mljstr said:

We made a late booking for our cruise and there are very few excursions listed on the cruise planner as available. Is it possible to book an excursion and then get on a waitlist onboard with the idea of canceling the first booking if our preferred excursion becomes available?

To follow up on what @melski94 said, we just received an e-mail from AAA marketing their excursions (in our ports of call) up to 40% off.  So you do have options....