Cruise Planner Sale

TotalF

I saw Mats new blogpost about the new Cruise Planner Sale when it went live a couple of hours ago. 

We're sailing on Harmony on the 23rd this month and I had previously purchased The Key and soda packages for the family (two kids, two adults). Been talking with the wife about getting us the Deluxe beverage package but I never did. 

Until today ???

I mean, we spent roughly $1000 on The Key and Soda packages and I refunded everything and ibstead got us:

- 2 deluxe beverage packages (~$55/person/day)

- 2 refreshments packages (~$17/person/day)

- 4 voom internet devices (~$30/day)

It all worked out to roughly $1400 and I feel that the extra 400 is nothing compared to the value I feel we're getting from the beverage packages. I bought The Key solely for the included internet, nothing else is of real interest to us there, so this worked out fine. 

I also found myself smiling when I saw the price for the coco beach club which today was at ~$180 per person, we snagged it at $40 per person ?

See ya onboard in 2.5 weeks ???

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wow !  $40 PP.  I thought I had a bargain for $50.99.  Great job !!!

That NOK 430 translates to roughly 40 bucks, perhaps a few more, depending on the rate ???

After watching some of the newly released videos of the beach club, including the one from @MAT, I feel that it was well invested money and we are REALLY lookibg fwd to cococay ???

Screenshot_20200205_200948.jpg

11 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Saved $100 on cruise price drop.

Me too.-- well sorta, I got more of an on board credit. I started out with none at the time of original booking and after 2 Royal Caribbean "sales"- I now have $200OBC ($100 per each balcony room) I am so thankful for Matt always keeping us up to date on any sales and for the option of repricing  ?<span> 

33 minutes ago, Planaholic said:

Hi there, first post so everyone may know the answer to this question apart from me!
the discount on drinks packages is only up to end August and we sail beginning of September.  Do they hold theses sales regularly?  Do I just need to wait a bit longer for my dates to come up?

Welcome to the forums!  Sails do  happen frequently. But remember the price can always go up instead of down, so don't miss out. You can always cancel and rebook at a lower price if the price drops.

2 hours ago, Planaholic said:

Hi there, first post so everyone may know the answer to this question apart from me!
the discount on drinks packages is only up to end August and we sail beginning of September.  Do they hold theses sales regularly?  Do I just need to wait a bit longer for my dates to come up?

Love your screen name!  I am a planaholic, too!!!

Prices go up and down and it varies by ship and sailing date.  You never know. I check my Cruise Planner almost daily (see I told you I was a planaholic ?).

3 hours ago, Planaholic said:

Welcome @Planaholic You are in great company here. 

@Planaholic Welcome

I, like all the other posters said, check regularly. I caught the classic soda and refreshment package so cheap for black Friday, I regret not booking it for everybody in my group. It seems this sale applies more heavily to bookings up until August. My next RC cruise is October, I am sure an Easter or Tax day special will bring down prices any most of the things I want.  You could always book now if the price is agreeable and then cancel and re-book if the price lowers in the future.

11 hours ago, luv2sail said:

Love your screen name!  I am a planaholic, too!!!

Prices go up and down and it varies by ship and sailing date.  You never know. I check my Cruise Planner almost daily (see I told you I was a planaholic ?).

I am a planner too! My family and friends tell me that I am in the wrong profession. I should be a travel agent because I do so much planning when it comes to travel!

I am always about getting the best deal too! Who doesnt love saving money!!??!! I dont mind checking websites frequently, if it can save me money. I have learned to book in the cruise planner- locking in a price and then rebook if you see it lower. This way, you will never pay more than what you originally booked.... and with the excursions, you know you wont miss out on one- since they can/do sell out.

Planning and checking back pays off  ?

13 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Welcome to the forums!  Sails do  happen frequently. But remember the price can always go up instead of down, so don't miss out. You can always cancel and rebook at a lower price if the price drops.

Yes, they do go up! I booked the CocoBeach club day pass for $70.... and I checked back since they are doing a new "sale" and it is now $199!! Crazy!! So glad I booked when I did! I can justify 70 for the day pass, I cannot justify 199. I look at it as paying a little extra for peace and quiet away from the busy water parks and its kinda like a specialty dining spot, since the food is supposed to be an upgrade from the rest of the island food.

9 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Planaholic Welcome

I, like all the other posters said, check regularly. I caught the classic soda and refreshment package so cheap for black Friday, I regret not booking it for everybody in my group. It seems this sale applies more heavily to bookings up until August. My next RC cruise is October, I am sure an Easter or Tax day special will bring down prices any most of the things I want.  You could always book now if the price is agreeable and then cancel and re-book if the price lowers in the future.

@Planaholic Welcome! You will find a lot of great information here.  @Ampurp85 I will also be cruising Oct 2020 Harmony of the Seas.  Got my drink packages Black Friday and I'm waiting for the next "WOW" sales for the rest of the wedding party cruisers that didn't jump on the sales.  I'll be checking those dates you suggested as well.  I'm the MOB (mother of the bride) and a huge "planner" too.  I will definitely be throwing it all out there when the next "WOW" sale is announced.

19 hours ago, TotalF said:

I saw Mats new blogpost about the new Cruise Planner Sale when it went live a couple of hours ago. 

We're sailing on Harmony on the 23rd this month and I had previously purchased The Key and soda packages for the family (two kids, two adults). Been talking with the wife about getting us the Deluxe beverage package but I never did. 

Until today ???

I mean, we spent roughly $1000 on The Key and Soda packages and I refunded everything and ibstead got us:

- 2 deluxe beverage packages (~$55/person/day)

- 2 refreshments packages (~$17/person/day)

- 4 voom internet devices (~$30/day)

It all worked out to roughly $1400 and I feel that the extra 400 is nothing compared to the value I feel we're getting from the beverage packages. I bought The Key solely for the included internet, nothing else is of real interest to us there, so this worked out fine. 

I also found myself smiling when I saw the price for the coco beach club which today was at ~$180 per person, we snagged it at $40 per person ?

See ya onboard in 2.5 weeks ???

@TotalF Great Job on your savings. Have fun on Harmony. We sail Oct 2020 on this ship for the first time. Thank so much for posting the "WOW" sale information so others may save too. You wont regret getting the drink packages! :79_smiley_cat: