Booking a cabin for 3?

Been on 5 Royal Caribbean cruises and are planning future ones and running into an issue I've never had...

We are party of 3 (49,44,13) and the RC website is severely limiting the cabin options when I select party of 3.   

When I enter a 4th member to the party, the ship is magically open.

We have sailed in a 4 person cabin (same party of 3) on all of our previous cruises without issues- all booked via RC Website.

I contacted MEI and they can't seem to get around this either.

Any suggestions?

We are sailing in 4 weeks and am wondering if Next Cruise staff can override the lockout? (though I risk losing my preferred dinner time if we wait to book onboard)

Paul 

Seems like a bizarre glitch....but we can outsmart 'em !!!

My recommendation would be to book a "ghost" 4th person and then just have that person be a "no show" at the pier.  I guess the big question will be whether or not it increases the prices substantially.  You could declare this person to be a minor and then when Kids Sail Free comes along, you could reprice the cruise.  I don't even know the cut-off age for KSF...but I would make their age below that cut-off so that they would be "free" once the KSF starts.

2 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Been on 5 Royal Caribbean cruises and are planning future ones and running into an issue I've never had...

We are party of 3 (49,44,13) and the RC website is severely limiting the cabin options when I select party of 3.   

When I enter a 4th member to the party, the ship is magically open.

We have sailed in a 4 person cabin (same party of 3) on all of our previous cruises without issues- all booked via RC Website.

I contacted MEI and they can't seem to get around this either.

Any suggestions?

We are sailing in 4 weeks and am wondering if Next Cruise staff can override the lockout? (though I risk losing my preferred dinner time if we wait to book onboard)

Paul 

Was the 13 year old 12 or under during all the previous cruises? They are probably limiting you to rooms where you can have certain bed configurations that they want to keep for groups of four. You're just running into it now because your child is 13 instead of 12 and is considered an "adult" instead of a child. I like @WAAAYTOOO's idea, seems like it should work very well. KSF cut-off is 12.

34 minutes ago, Scatmanjack said:

Ghost booking doesn't help...

Gets me the room I desire but I end up paying $400+ extra... (No Port Fees/taxes for the Ghost but they do have to pay Cruise Fare that is non-refundable...)

Yep...I was afraid the cost might be prohibitive, but it was worth a shot.  I guess you will have to decide if it is worth $400 to get the room you want.