Coco Cay Chill Island Bed Rental Question and General Questions

pezgirl

Hi everyone, my husband and I will be on a kid free cruise on the Harmony the first week of August. My husband has already bought a ticket for the thrill waterpark. Originally I bought one too but realized it just didn't make sense as I don't love waterslides.  I was thinking about trying to get a Chill Island Bed Rental.  Couple of reasons, main one being I won't have to fight anyone to get a seat and then my husband can find me easily later.  Here is my question, is it worth it? ? I cannot tell but are they shaded?  Thanks as always. 

We’ve been to Coco Cay a few times and have purchased a cabana twice now. While not the same as a beach bed, the justifications are the same. We like knowing that we have our own spot, and a “home base” so to speak. Whether it’s worth it is a question only you can answer based on what it costs etc. for us, the cabana was worth it. I feel you will find the same thing with the beach bed. As far as shade, they are in the open, but there are drapes on them that will help some with sun exposure, but may not be fully shaded the entire day. Have a great cruise!

11 minutes ago, ellcee said:

This isn't a direct answer but I purchased the bed rental for one of my solo cruises and debating doing the same for the other. I like the privacy and shade and knowing it's my spot and no one else's.

I just bought it.  ? The fact that my husband will be over at the waterpark in the morning sealed it for me.  Also this is a trip about relaxation for me so the easier the better. 

4 hours ago, pezgirl said:

I just bought it.  ? The fact that my husband will be over at the waterpark in the morning sealed it for me.  Also this is a trip about relaxation for me so the easier the better. 

Yeah you are totally going to like it.

The ones i took pictures of were at "Breezy Bay - Chill Island" I didn't snap a pic of the regular chill island one. Main difference between the 2 areas is the view (breezy bay will see the overwater cabanas, other one was like a cove) and Breezy Bay beds are 2 rows deep, pretty sure regular chill island are 3 rows deep. I'm sure that's subject to change. Not sure if you can pick between the 2 areas or not, but they would both be great.