Interior room darkness

Linda216

Since most interior rooms have no windows, Interior rooms are pretty dark. If not just completely pitch black. I normally buy a free standing pop light to keep in the bathroom and sleep with the TV on. You can get night lights and such from the Dollar Tree as most cruise lines do not have any.

No the interior cabins do not have any kind of nightlight in the stateroom. 
mid you want a night light you can purchase one from any store that sells more than groceries like Walmart, Target, Publix, Winn Dixie, Dollar Stores or Amazon if you really want a nightlight for your interior cabin.

Dollar Tree sells two packs of LED tea lights that work great as night lights. We have some VERY small ones that do not have the flicker effect that surprisingly last a long time. They're about 1/2  an inch high and about as big around as a quarter.

Over the course of two cruises we've only used one of them all night, every night (14 full nights).

I’ve never found interior rooms to be 100% dark. 

There’s always been a little bit of light that leaks through the peephole and at the bottom. 

We used a battery tea light the first night we stayed in one but have not used one since. 

ymmv 

19 minutes ago, khawaja said:

The darkness is enough to make a blind man scared

Its an eerie feeling for sure. Some people have said interior rooms dont get completely dark....but ive done 4 and thats not my experience. When I wake up, I cant see my hand in front of my face, and I have no concept of time.  Its an interesting feeling!!! My wife absolutely loves it! For our upcoming cruise, were going to have our two little ones with us, so were using tea lights as night lights....

On 2/5/2020 at 8:57 AM, DanielB said:

On the Oasis there was a "nightlight" in the bathroom that stayed on all the time.  Do the interior rooms not have that light?  I asked how to turn it off and was told it was for safety. 

The newer ships tend to have nightlights in the restrooms. If you have a virtual view or virtual balcony, you can leave that monitor on. There is just enough light from the monitor that I have had to turn it off at night. (but the virtual options would be on Navigator and newer ships anyway) Also, if you do decide to bring a small light, you can get a small one and put it inside a shoe so as not to take up space.