Which ship for TransAtlantic with almost 10yo in Fall 2021

ChrisK2793

We’re thinking of booking a TransAtlantic for Fall 2021.  Our son will be in 4th grade then and about to turn 10.  We figure if we’re going to take him out of school for 2 weeks, we need to do it before he gets in junior high.  Oh Harmony we’d be in a Crown Loft and on Odyssey we’d be in a Grand Suite 2 Bedroom.  Both are the same price.  Odyssey stops more places than Harmony.  Which ship and itinerary would our son have more fun on?  He’d actually turn 10 on the Harmony one, he was born 11/11/11.  See screenshot below for the stops each ship makes ..... 

3D7B9E2F-BA1A-41AD-A1C5-0476549FF8E5.jpeg

I would say that the ships would be nearly equal in which ship would be more fun for a 10 year old.  They both have tons of activities that would appeal to that age range.  Since you've done the Oasis class more often with it being in your backyard all the time, I would give Odyssey a try.  Having the separate 2nd bedroom might be a nice treat.  The suite lounges on the Quantum class ships don't have the same draw as Deck 17 on Oasis class, so cabin location isn't as big of a factor.

The other direction to take would be to consider whether you (or your kiddo) would prefer pre-cruise in Barcelona or Civitavecchia/Rome.

What a birthdate!!! Congratulations to your son! My kids were born on Dec 31st and July 4th. The youngest one, nearly 10 also, is unlucky: a lame March, 2...

I see you come from Florida, so Orlando theme parks are not an issue. I've been to Barcelona (by my own means) but not to Rome. Barcelona did not seem that appealing to me. I would vote for Rome, since it is a capital city AND  the Vatican is also there. Catholic or not, the Vatican seems some place worth seeing.

3 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I would suggest taking  it step further ... say you're 30 .... in base 21 ??

LOL. I was converting his bday, but yeah I tell people my hex number LOL... Maybe I need to use your base 21 suggestion! 20 sounds more believable than 2A! (Assume my screen name gives a hint to age ?)

Edited by sk8erguy1978
changed base to match LOL

2 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

LOL. I was converting his bday, but yeah I tell people my hex number LOL... Maybe I need to use your base 20 suggestion! 22 sounds more believable than 2A! (Assume my screen name gives a hint to age ?)

I'm even older, and appreciated the binary reference.

Remember, there are 10 kinds of people: Those who get binary, and those who don't. ?

And can I just say how great it is be able to be openly geeky / nerdy / dorky and feel no shame over it? ?

33 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'm even older, and appreciated the binary reference.

Remember, there are 10 kinds of people: Those who get binary, and those who don't. ?

And can I just say how great it is be able to be openly geeky / nerdy / dorky and feel no shame over it? ?

I have that T-shirt (although a bit old now) 10 kinds of people. Nope, no shame here either! ?