South Beach Area Updates at CocoCay??

TxCr

I too am looking to find out if the beach beds are still available on South Beach? I see cabanas on videos and photos since it has reopened, but no beds. But Matt said in the comments section of his review of Coco Beach Club that the cabanas and beds are still there. I called Royal and they said the beds weren't available to book in South Beach and we were instead placed in Breezy Bay. To further complicate things, I've found different versions of the Coco Cay map post opening of the Beach Club which show beds in all sorts of different places. For example, the beach club appears by the map to have many beds on the multi-tiered boardwalk area where they have placed rocking chairs, tables, and sofas. Anyone "on the ground" that can confirm the bed situation in South Beach?

Well,  I wasn't going to mention *that other site* but, if you follow the link provided above, within that same forum they mention the beach beds are not in South Beach. But again, it's not clear if this person is speaking from assumption or experience. So I'm hoping someone can confirm, one way or the other, if beach beds are no longer in south beach. I tend to trust Matt, and he says they are, but definitely getting mixed messages here.

13 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

I just want to know where the tikihut ended up being anchored at ... last time i was there was in mid-construction and they had it anchored in a really bad location, hoping it got moved back out to the sandbars now that they are done.

One is shown in a video from February 2 linked from the other site.  Looking forward to checking it all out in May!

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 22.03.58.png

I've been back and forth over and over about a SB cabana for May! I always say one can have a great time on CocoCay without spending an additional dime but have a hard time listening to my own advice. I look forward to seeing your March photos. For now I have a beach bed and am trying to stick with it. 

6 hours ago, PRebecca said:

I've been back and forth over and over about a SB cabana for May! I always say one can have a great time on CocoCay without spending an additional dime but have a hard time listening to my own advice. I look forward to seeing your March photos. For now I have a beach bed and am trying to stick with it. 

I kept going back and forth on the rental as well, but decided to go for it.  I know there will probably be plenty of beach chairs available where i probably dont need the cabana, but im traveling with my 2 sisters and 2 teenage nieces who have never been there before, so thought it would be a nice ending to our cruise, and also to avoid having to get up at the crack of dawn to go get 5 chairs near each other.   We like to pretend we are fancy. LOL

YOLO book it, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Back from our experience with our South Beach Cabana - it was perfect!  Loved every minute of it!  Our attendant was awesome, you are right on beach, close to floating bar, bathrooms, food, drinks, everything you could ever want.  Plus the weather was amazing!  We definitely had our perfect day at CoCo Cay!!

9 hours ago, MommaMcLovin said:

Back from our experience with our South Beach Cabana - it was perfect!  Loved every minute of it!  Our attendant was awesome, you are right on beach, close to floating bar, bathrooms, food, drinks, everything you could ever want.  Plus the weather was amazing!  We definitely had our perfect day at CoCo Cay!!

Thank you for coming back and sharing your recent experience! So happy it was a great day for you ♥️

PS, this was the final 'sign' for me, I booked it for May and bed's been cancelled. ? Influencers here!

that sounds amazing!  i will be in my cabana next weekend and can not wait!!  quick question-   were floating mats included?  i have heard conflicting information on this.

10 hours ago, MommaMcLovin said:

Thank you so much for reporting on your experience! Do you remember if the SB cabanas had ceiling fans in them like the chill island ones? I can’t tell from the pictures I have seen.