A couple Coco Cay questions!

kittysoul

Hi everyone!  I have a couple questions about Coco Cay.. i was just there for the first time over our NYE cruise on Anthem, but I will be going back again, on Harmony in May.  My questions are... first,   the big beach that is directly behind the Oasis pool, that has the swim up bar hut out in the water...  it is to the left of the Coco Beach club ..does this beach have a name?     My second question is , where is the snorkeling area ... the one  where the sunken plane is located?     When we were there, we went straight to that first little cove we came to at Chill Island..and now I am wondering if we might have found a little bigger and better beach if we had went a little further back ....  thanks!  

I want to say that the floating bar is to the right of the Coco Beach Club now if you look at the most recent maps.  That will be considered South Beach.  It's a really shallow area with lots of sandbars, so probably not the most ideal snorkeling in that spot.  But you can walk out really far and see fish and even stingrays by the sandbars.  

@AshleyDillo thanks!    I was looking at the map that I brought back from there... that big beach where the floating bar was before (on the map ), is that the area that you mean is shallow.. or the south beach is shallow?   I was just curious about that big beach that is directly behind the Oasis pool, because it looks really nice on the map :)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-marketing-map.pdf

The updated map can be found at the above link.  

I meant that the water in the South Beach area is very shallow.

I don't see a special beach name for that area.  I believe it's still considered Chill Island.  The first cove area (new map in the link above says Chill Island) I believe is being referred to as Breezy Bay. 

The new cabana maps has the Breezy Bay beach beds there and they call the beach beds that appear to be at the beach behind the Oasis Lagoon area the Chill Island beach beds.  The cabanas are also in this area of Chill Island.

I noticed they took off the plane reference on the map.  I had heard that's no longer an accessible area for snorkeling, but I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I noticed they took off the plane reference on the map.  I had heard that's no longer an accessible area for snorkeling, but I'm not sure.

I asked at the dive shack about the plane and was told that it had been removed. I'm not sure if they told me that because it is gone or they didn't want me to find it. We were on Coco Cay Dec 30, 2019.