Cozumel Dolphin Discovery

melski94

I'm looking at booking the Dolphin Discovery directly on their website and wondering if anyone has done the Royal VIP.  It says there is a VIP area, does anyone know what that is and what it includes?  The VIP includes a Dorsel tow but my son has some hand issues and I know that he won't be comfortable with that.  Has anyone asked them to change from the Dorsel tow to a belly ride or boogie ride?  The rest of us would really enjoy the Royal swim but I am just wondering if they are accommodating.  Last question, pictures.  I've read pictures are very expensive.  I can buy pictures plus Royal VIP  for $40 more each  online but that seems expensive especially for 6 of us.  What is the typical price of the pictures there and will they bargain any prices?

Then it says access to Chankanaab Park.  Will we be able to see the Sea Lion show, etc?

Thanks for any insight in Dolphin Discovery.  

I ended up chatting with Dolphin Discovery.  Just in case anyone does a search, here are my answers.

Royal Swim VIP includes an upgraded buffet.  You can't ask to do something else with the dolphins.  Because of that, I chose the Dolphin Swim Adventure with memories.  I debated with the Swim adventure only  vs with memories but they said I'll get 10-15 digital pictures each for less than price as purchasing 2 pictures (after bargaining) of each of us.  

The Dolphin Discovery website is offering a promotion (not sure if there is always a promotion) that is cheaper than RC excursion.  My biggest problem with the RC excursion is that it is only 3.5 hours where we can make a full day of it on our own.  Transportation isn't included but I know it is a short and inexpensive taxi to Chankanaab Park. Finally if you book on your own, use the chat feature.  They offer even further discounts and will add in extras (in my case the manatee interaction).  You do have to pay in full but they do have a refund policy if the ship doesn't make it to port.