Coco Cat Shade Question

Hello Everone,

We will be taking our first cruise in Feb of 2021 on Anthem with a one day stop in Coco Cay.  My husband, myself and three young children are all pretty sun sensitive and enjoy our time in the shade (with some time in the sun of course, just not the whole day).  Can anyone tell me if there are places out of the sun on the island?  I am thinking about renting a day bed for this reason, but because there are 5 of us, I would have to rent 2 (at $199 each) and I'm not sure it's worth it because my little ones we will likely want to play in the sand away from the beds anyway.  Cabanas are $999 or more and not worth it for me.  I know there will be two ships there that day, so I don't know how easy it will be to find umbrellas either.  Dose anyone have any thoughts of suggestions?

On 2/4/2020 at 6:53 AM, CookieChick said:

Hello Everone,

We will be taking our first cruise in Feb of 2021 on Anthem with a one day stop in Coco Cay.  My husband, myself and three young children are all pretty sun sensitive and enjoy our time in the shade (with some time in the sun of course, just not the whole day).  Can anyone tell me if there are places out of the sun on the island?  I am thinking about renting a day bed for this reason, but because there are 5 of us, I would have to rent 2 (at $199 each) and I'm not sure it's worth it because my little ones we will likely want to play in the sand away from the beds anyway.  Cabanas are $999 or more and not worth it for me.  I know there will be two ships there that day, so I don't know how easy it will be to find umbrellas either.  Dose anyone have any thoughts of suggestions?

My family with 4 yo daughter is in a similar situation. We too are a bunch of pale skin,  shun the sun types that burn all too easily. Beach beds don't really provide as much shade as you might imagine, except when the sun is directly overhead. The thin fabric shades blow very easily in the breeze so it's something but not really shady. We ended up going with the new beach club because there looks to be a lot of comfortable seating that is very shaded (where you can order food, near the pool) but open to the outside breeze. Also it's a more calm environment in the pool. Finally, with the kids pricing for the club lower than adults, you may even save money compared to getting two beds. For us, there total price for the club admission was the same cost as one bed (around $200).