Breezy Bay at Chill Island vs chill island day bed on coco cay

Lorik

I noticed that they now list day beds in two locations- Breezy Bay at chill island (instead of South Beach)  and chill island.  What is the difference between the two as far a location on the island? It looks like Breezy Bay is a new beach area. Not sure which one to book and if one location is better than the other. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

34 minutes ago, pezgirl said:

New question...I just went to purchase one. It says it should be $199 but then I put in 2 guests and the final price is charging me for 2 instead of just one.  Am I just to put one guest on the reservation? Thanks. 

Yes just select (1) guest. Only one person needs to reserve/ purchase.

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don't think they could make this more confusing if they tried !!  Why in the world they don't just ask how many BEDS you want to reserve is beyond me.

I am so glad it isn't just me who finds that so confusing.  I just booked it.  I work full time and have a 9 and 3 year old. My husband will be at the waterpark in the morning. The idea of being by myself on a 'bed' relaxing looking out at the ocean for a small amount of time just seems priceless right now. ?

19 minutes ago, pezgirl said:

Do you know how it works? are we assigned a bed or just given something that shows that we have one and then we pick it? Thanks. 

You will get a shore excursion ticket that you take with you to the beach bed check-in area on the island and they will show you to your assigned bed.

18 hours ago, Lorik said:

@bossdog421 Thanks for the map & pics. Location wise do you think Breezy Bay or Chill Island would be better?

Subjective. The views are different. One will see overwater cabanas to the side the other will see a cove like spot. One was 2 rows deep (breezy) other was 3 rows deep. Regular chill island ones are probably quieter because the breezy bay ones are close to the  pool.

Both would be great.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:59 PM, bossdog421 said:

Subjective. The views are different. One will see overwater cabanas to the side the other will see a cove like spot. One was 2 rows deep (breezy) other was 3 rows deep. Regular chill island ones are probably quieter because the breezy bay ones are close to the  pool.

Both would be great.

Is the view of the ocean obstructed very badly by the new over water cabanas for the beds in Breezy Bay?

Does anyone know how the beach differs?  I'm wondering if one is better than the other for swimming.  I've heard Chill Island is mostly shallow and for Breezy bay how deep does it get and how far away are the boat docks one one side and the over water cabanas on the other?  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stepheroo said:

I'm interested in this too. My husband and I are going to CocoCay in three weeks, and we're looking at a beach bed. Our options are Chill Island or South Beach. We'd like a quieter, more private spot, so I'm thinking South Beach?

Hi @Stepheroo welcome to the message boards!

I just went thru this same choice and thought I'd share what helped me decide, which is actually very little and probably not too helpful but here I am. I landed on a South Beach bed for our upcoming trip (May) because A. the floating bar seems pretty close and B. it appears to get deep enough for swimming . I also read the sand at SB is a little rougher with shells than CI so we're bringing water shoes. 

I had a hard time finding anything that indicated one was any better, quieter, calmer than the other because it seems to possibly depend on the other guests around you at the time.When we went to CI in September it seemed almost empty in the cabana area since not many were rented that day. If there would have been cabanas full of rowdy folks or kids (love 'em, dont get me wrong) on either side of us then it may have been a less relaxing experience, but as it stood the area was pretty empty and we felt almost alone.

I hope this helps, but if you're anything like me I went round and round and finally just landed at SB because of any random bit of info to push me in one direction over the other. Not even sure water good for swimming and floating bar being close is factual info but the point I'm trying to make is I don't know there's a blanket statement as to which will be more private. I think it will depend on who is near you at the time of your visit, but either location in a beach bed really should be a big score of a day ?

Hoping someone else chimes in.

Just to clarify: My wife and I are booked on Harmony in June, stopping at Perfect Day. We had originally booked beach beds at south beach. We received an email last month stating that during construction, it became apparent to them that they were allocating too many beach beds on south beach, making it too crowded. The email states they created Breezy Bay at Chill Island to compensate and that our beach bed reservation was automatically moved to there. We are also invited to enjoy the same amenities as if we were on South Beach, despite being relocated to Breezy Bay. My only concern is: Coco Beach Club seems to be in the middle of Breezy Bay and South Beach which means we'd have a little walk 3 minutes or so to access whatever "amenities" we wanted to take advantage of at South Beach. They also stated that we would have full view of the over water cabanas so it does seem like this area coincides with #31-60 on the map and with what BossDog421 took a picture of.

I was on CocoCay in January; South beach was still under construction, so it makes sense they finally realized they didn't have "the room" they thought they did. The island, by the way, is beautiful, meticulously maintained and just a joy to be on. I was impressed. Good job, RCCL.

• 1 year later...

I just booked a beach bed at Breezy Bay at Chill Island for our cruise in January. 

Our two adult daughters and their husbands will also be cruising with us, but they have plans to go to the Waterpark for most of the day. 

If they decide to come over and join us (periodically throughout the day) will they be allowed to enter?

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure wait the limit per bed is(I think it is six), but it is an open area, Your family will have no issues coming up to your day bed to "check-in." If your group, for a time, exceeds the limit bed limit, I seriously doubt anyone is going to enforce it. Pretty sure as long as your group does start interfering with the use and enjoyment of other day-bed guests, you will be fine.

• 10 months later...

Just booked Breezy Bay at Chill Island as it was $100.00 cheaper.  However when I called RCCL to ask where these bed rentals were located - they couldn't tell my what the difference was between  Chill Island full Day beach Bed Rental and (the one cheaper) called Breezy Bay at Chill Island.  Does anyone know are they close to one another?  I have a hard time walking but also want to swim in the Ocean.  Which one would be the better location  - close to dock and/ or Swimming?  If i have to pay the extra 100.00 not a problem but need to know which is the better deal.  Any help is greatly appreciate.  Thank you

3 hours ago, Penguin said:

Just booked Breezy Bay at Chill Island as it was $100.00 cheaper.  However when I called RCCL to ask where these bed rentals were located - they couldn't tell my what the difference was between  Chill Island full Day beach Bed Rental and (the one cheaper) called Breezy Bay at Chill Island.  Does anyone know are they close to one another?  I have a hard time walking but also want to swim in the Ocean.  Which one would be the better location  - close to dock and/ or Swimming?  If i have to pay the extra 100.00 not a problem but need to know which is the better deal.  Any help is greatly appreciate.  Thank you

We've enjoyed daybeds at both locations in the past.  Up until the last few months, anytime I've looked, they've always been the same price.  Now, on any sailings we have booked with a stop at CocoCay, the prices all show $100 more for Chill Island.  We prefer Chill Island to Breezy Bay as it's a little more secluded with very little noise.  Breezy Bay has a basketball court near it and a few more things to do.  You can walk into the water from both spots so I don't think there is any advantage there.   Chill Island day beds are closer to the pier (not by much, just a few minutes walking time).  That, combined with being a bit more secluded must be what is driving the price difference.  Both locations will provide you with a wonderful day.  If you look back to the first page of this post, you will see the map of CocoCay and where the various beds are located.  

• 4 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 1:09 PM, MrsD2012 said:

Would you recommend couples get their own bed? Or share? Is it too crowed with 4 people? 

Here is a good review of the day beds:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/01/24/perfect-day-cococay-beach-bed-review

It looks like the bed would hold 4.  There is also the 2 loungers that comes with the day bed so the adults can spread out. 

Last time we were at cococay we went for the beach club. At 234 ea for our August cruise I think we will forego that. We have been to cococay 4 times and have always been the only ship there. There are 2 scheduled to be there for August so I think I am going to go for one of the Breezy Bay beach beds.  They are 199 the Chill Island ones are 299.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jessisawesome12 said:

If we rent a day bed and then decide on a different location or a cabana, can we apply what we’ve already to paid to our new reservation or do we just lose that money?

You can cancel the day bed on the Cruise Planner and then rebook the cabana.  The money from the cancelation of the day bed will be refunded to your original form of payment, usually within 7-10 business days.