Royal Caribbean App

Shawn

Odds Makers ;) !!!! When will Royal Caribbean have an app for use on board? Not just deck plans, but linked to sea pass account so you can make show reservations, specialty reservations, book excursions, spa appointments, and show cruise compass. What other functions would you like? Is Len Testa available to develop this? ;) If so, when? 1,3,5 years? I bet they would increase on board purchases.

I'd love for that to happen.  I think when Wi-Fi becomes far more affordable and available for just one price for the entire cruise, then I think an app will follow. 

Perhaps this new 11ac network upgrade will be that step needed: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/11/13/royal-caribbean-testing-11ac-network-upgrade-its-ship-wi-fi

To be honest, I'd much prefer a website revamp over an online-use app. Along with a website revamp, a mobile app to be used (on land) to view reservations, purchase excursions, etc. RCI already seems to know that their web interface has problems, but they haven't touched it for forever!

I agree a new site is welcome.  Speaking as a web developer, their efforts are better spent on a new site that has a responsive design that shows up nicely on mobile devices rather than require an app download.

I agree a new site is welcome.  Speaking as a web developer, their efforts are better spent on a new site that has a responsive design that shows up nicely on mobile devices rather than require an app download.

Oh absolutely. A mobile site with a site revamp would be better than an app. I definitely prefer mobile sites to apps.