Kid's documents

One day closer, one more thing to worry about...
My wife and I have passports, but we did not get them for our children.
I understand they will need their Birth Certificates to board when we get on and off the ship in ports.
Do we need to carry Originals or can we take a copy?
Can we take Notarized copies?

A little concerned with taking their original birth certificates off-ship in ports.
Thank you guys for all the help! 13 DAYS!!

52 minutes ago, HendersonPhoto said:

One day closer, one more thing to worry about...
My wife and I have passports, but we did not get them for our children.
I understand they will need their Birth Certificates to board when we get on and off the ship in ports.
Do we need to carry Originals or can we take a copy?
Can we take Notarized copies?

A little concerned with taking their original birth certificates off-ship in ports.
Thank you guys for all the help! 13 DAYS!!

How soon is your sailing? Just wondering if its still possible to get an expedited passport? 

14 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

For 13 days, I wouldn't chance that since the certified copies of the birth certificates have to be sent in to get the passport..and they're also needed to board the ship.

I missed that part.....yeah, within 13 days im just making sure I have original copies and guarding them with my life. First couple of cruises I went on was with my birth certificate....I guard my passport with the same amount of energy, Ive found.....so not much difference as far as concern goes. Not sure that helps? lol 

You need the original and I will share two pieces of advice that you didn't ask for.  Either before you go or when you return order a copy of everyone's birth certificate from the state they were born in.  We have an extra one for each of us in case something happens so we aren't scrambling at the last minute.  Second item is once you have that second "official" birth certificate for the kids go ahead and get their passports.  The way things are going it is best to have them for flying and any other type of travel.  I know it is an expense but it really isn't that much per year and then you can we ready to travel at the last minute should the mood strike you.