Cruise Fares after Final Payment

Hello, everyone. I'm usually one who books way out. (My only cruise booked is approaching 500 days away.)

We're looking at taking a 4-night getaway cruise in March. We've found one that works well with our schedules, but it's a little more than what we were hoping to pay.

Today is final payment date for this cruise. Generally, do prices drop once final payment passes if there are still rooms available? There seem to be lots of staterooms still available.

Of course there are no guarantees, but what are your experiences with last minute cruise fare?

Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It's really hard to predict BUT if there are still rooms available then I don't see the harm in letting the 90 day point pass and see what happens.

I agree, especially if you have the flexibility to travel at the last minute.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It's really hard to predict BUT if there are still rooms available then I don't see the harm in letting the 90 day point pass and see what happens.

1 hour ago, FManke said:

I agree, especially if you have the flexibility to travel at the last minute.

And be okay if the price ends up going up, or the room you want is not available. It's a gamble, but if you're flexible, it can be a fun chance to take.