Moving on up

Ampurp85

Started from the bottom and now we're here...

I am super excited to announce my first oasis class ship. DRUM ROLL....Allure of the Seas 2021, October 31st-November 7th, GS 2- Bedroom. Apparently this year Allure will getting more beautiful so I will be sailing after the amp ?.  I was shocked that a GS 1 bedroom was the same price as a 2 bedroom. There was no way I was passing up the chance for an extra bathroom. I had the option of deck 9 or deck 12. Although room #12638 comes with an outside Jacuzzi on the balcony, I couldn't imagine it would be used. So I am doing room #9644, which looks like its in a decent enough area. I am also super excited because I will be in Sky class and also platinum in C&A.

This is actually part of my mother's bucket-list vacation. She only had three dream vacations; a trip to a foreign country, a trip to universal studios and a cruise to anywhere. We took her and my grandmother to Italy in 2017. In October of this year we are doing her first cruise. My brother said since she is getting old and possible senile..j/k she is in her "young*" 50s....we would make her Universal Studio dreams come true next year. He also said since we have to fly to Orlando, we should look for a cruise to make it worthwhile. FYI, I have brought my brother to the Royal side, he thinks all vacations should be cruises or cruise adjacent.

It is going to be a long 636 day wait but I am glad to have something to look forward to. I might even try my hand at blogging...rubs hands and cackles like an evil person.

*Objects appear much younger from a  distance

9 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

It is going to be a long 636 day wait

The pre-cruise planning is almost as fun as the cruise itself.  I hope these message boards provide not only a source of information, but an outlet for helping pass the time and excitement!

Thanks @Matt  and @melmar02

I just told my brother about scoring the deal and he is excited to do his research on the ship. By then he will be 2 RC cruises deep so he will be able to truly live his best life. He told me he will probably be at work during his downtown checking out YouTube videos and Blogs. I plan to keep the whole thing as a surprise to my mother and tell her at Christmas. That's the plan at least, hopefully excitement doesn't overwhelm me.