Spa Services booked ahead

I already know that spa services are cheaper on embarkation and port days vs. sea days, but are the prices also any lower when booked through the Cruise Planner vs. waiting to book on board?  I'm thinking about getting a pedicure on embarkation day to start the cruise off on the right foot (pun intended!).  Normally I book everything ahead of time like shore excursions and drink packages, but I'm worried if I book this in advance, the day might end up too hectic and I'll have to skip it.  But if I play it by ear and book on board if I have time for it, it'll cost more then.  Thoughts???

It’s a mixed bag with the spa.  Rarely, you will find a discount in the Cruise Planner (as you have already noted, this is most likely to occur early on embarkation day) but more likely, you will see specials onboard (port days, for the most part).  They often combine treatments for a small savings. You will never get a true bargain in a ship’s spa.