Port No Show

DanielB

I know I have seen this asked and answered, but I have searched and can not find.

If there are 2 people booked in a room and 1 does not show at the port, the other just lets them know that there is no intent of them coming and board the ship as normal.  As they will receive double points for the reservation just like a solo booking.  Is that correct?  Any tips or precautions to doing this?

As always, thanks a bunch.

13 hours ago, DanielB said:

I know I have seen this asked and answered, but I have searched and can not find.

If there are 2 people booked in a room and 1 does not show at the port, the other just lets them know that there is no intent of them coming and board the ship as normal.  As they will receive double points for the reservation just like a solo booking.  Is that correct?  Any tips or precautions to doing this?

As always, thanks a bunch.

This happened to us once.  My husband and I drove to Fort Lauderdale for a 5-night trip on Majesty. I boarded the ship with him, but ended up getting off before we sailed to go home due to a family situation. He stayed and sailed solo.  He received 10 points for the trip.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, DanielB said:

If there are 2 people booked in a room and 1 does not show at the port, the other just lets them know that there is no intent of them coming and board the ship as normal.  As they will receive double points for the reservation just like a solo booking.  Is that correct?

Correct. Nothing extra to do.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Correct. Nothing extra to do.

So I had a friend that just did this and did not get the additional point per night for sailing solo.  When they called the Crown and Anchor desk to have it fixed they were told that they show that he sailed alone but the additional person was not cancelled off the reservation so he would only receive 1 point per night.  

Any suggestions?  I have invited him here as well since this site is great info.

42 minutes ago, DanielB said:

So I had a friend that just did this and did not get the additional point per night for sailing solo.  When they called the Crown and Anchor desk to have it fixed they were told that they show that he sailed alone but the additional person was not cancelled off the reservation so he would only receive 1 point per night.  

Any suggestions?  I have invited him here as well since this site is great info.

Did the no show get refunded the port fees and taxes?  If that didn't happen, they are entitled to that refund as well as the double points.  I would have him push the issue until that gets taken care of.  

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Did the no show get refunded the port fees and taxes?  If that didn't happen, they are entitled to that refund as well as the double points.  I would have him push the issue until that gets taken care of.  

Thanks, I will find out and tell him to keep pushing.  I know he spoke to a supervisor yesterday...Frank was his name, no clue why I remember him telling the name.  LOL