Missing Lobster night

Cakelady

4 hours ago, Cakelady said:

We booked Izumi hibachi for night 5 on our 7 night eastern Caribbean on the Oasis. According to the MDR menu on the app, it is lobster night.  Any chance we would be able to get lobster that night in Izumi?

Possibly.  If you’re going to ask for this, I recommend you let the Izumi folks know ahead of time.

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No.  The only way to get lobster on the non-lobster night is to order it from the upcharge menu.

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No.  The only way to get lobster on the non-lobster night is to order it from the upcharge menu.

Is there a way to get it at Izumi for an upcharge? 

19 minutes ago, FManke said:

Is there a way to get it at Izumi for an upcharge? 

It is not on the Izumi menu as an upcharge item.  I have seen it on the MDR menu and Chops, but nowhere else that I can recall.  Again, if this is something that you really want, there is no harm in asking ahead of time.  I have found that they are willing to do most anything you want if they know ahead of time and have time to prepare.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It is not on the Izumi menu as an upcharge item.  I have seen it on the MDR menu and Chops, but nowhere else that I can recall.  Again, if this is something that you really want, there is no harm in asking ahead of time.  I have found that they are willing to do most anything you want if they know ahead of time and have time to prepare.

Like you said, it can't hurt to ask. 

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, Busylizzy108 said:

If it is Lobster Night in the Main Dining Room, is it also available in Coastal Kitchen? What about escargot? I saw that is available in MDR, but wasn't sure if I could get it elsewhere.

Yes.  You can always order something from the MDR when dining in the Coastal Kitchen. BUT be very careful ordering “the lobster” when you are in the CK.  Be sure you ask for the MDR lobster tail b/c they have a lobster dish on the CK menu that is a rubbery, globby plop with nasty orange sauce.  It is NOT good and it is NOT a lobster tail.  It is also advisable, if you are going to order something from the MDR when in the CK, to let them know ahead of time so that they can have the food for you.  They usually have a supply of lobster tails on hand b/c they get that request frequently, but if you order something from the MDR on any other night, it takes them a while to go and fetch it from the MDR kitchen unless they get a heads up ahead of time.  We frequently ask for the lamb shank as that is my husbands favorite dish. The same goes for escargot. They can get it but it helps if they know ahead of time that you are going to ask for it. This is also true in any of the other specialty restaurants, BTW.  You can order from the MDR when dining in the other restaurants as well.  I sometimes order the mushroom soup when dining in the CK or  Giovannis, for example.

48 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

I can still remember, a friend of mine got the Seafood Tower from Chops brought to them in the Main Dining Room

Now that’s something I have never done. I’ve never asked for specialty food while dining in the MDR. Of course, I haven’t dined in a MDR in quite some time, but it would never have occurred to me to do that.  Interesting.