Staterooms during dry dock

raahc

If Oasis is any indication, I wouldn't expect too many significant changes in the rooms during amplification.  I think they spruced the high end suites but I don't believe they did much to the non-suites.  They did a lot of refreshing in the common areas.  I think all or most of the carpeting was replaced outside. Our Genie told us that the drapes were replaced in our suite but to be completely honest, I don't know if I believe that was true or not.  They didn't look new to me...and we had quite a few problems with them.  I could tell that the sofa in our suite was new and I think maybe the mattress was new but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for new mattresses elsewhere.  The truth is, the new mattresses on Royal ships were a huge downgrade the last time they made a mass purchase.  Let's hope they learned their lesson last time.

It’s unlikely they’ll do much in the staterooms based on all of the other amplifications. While what they have done to each ship is amazing, it is a shame that the staterooms are ignored, especially on the Voyager class ships that are approaching 20+ years old.

We were on Mariner a few weeks ago. the ship was beautiful and felt new everywhere but the room. We honeymooned on her in 2004 and nothing had changed. The room was clean overall but felt dated and tired which we noted in the post cruise survey.

Most resorts on land will refresh their rooms every 5-10 years, I’d argue Royal should do the same. It’s especially noticeable since some of the newer ships have debuted a more modern look. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If Oasis is any indication, I wouldn't expect too many significant changes in the rooms during amplification.  I think they spruced the high end suites but I don't believe they did much to the non-suites.  They did a lot of refreshing in the common areas.  I think all or most of the carpeting was replaced outside. Our Genie told us that the drapes were replaced in our suite but to be completely honest, I don't know if I believe that was true or not.  They didn't look new to me...and we had quite a few problems with them.  I could tell that the sofa in our suite was new and I think maybe the mattress was new but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for new mattresses elsewhere.  The truth is, the new mattresses on Royal ships were a huge downgrade the last time they made a mass purchase.  Let's hope they learned their lesson last time.

Thank you so much for your insight.  It sounds like the drapes remained the same in your suite ?
I read many complaints about the mattresses on Harmony and Symphony.  Thankfully, I like firm mattresses ...lol

34 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

It’s unlikely they’ll do much in the staterooms based on all of the other amplifications. While what they have done to each ship is amazing, it is a shame that the staterooms are ignored, especially on the Voyager class ships that are approaching 20+ years old.

We were on Mariner a few weeks ago. the ship was beautiful and felt new everywhere but the room. We honeymooned on her in 2004 and nothing had changed. The room was clean overall but felt dated and tired which we noted in the post cruise survey.

Most resorts on land will refresh their rooms every 5-10 years, I’d argue Royal should do the same. It’s especially noticeable since some of the newer ships have debuted a more modern look. 

That is a real shame, I do find the decor in the older ships is very dated ?

I'm so sorry that I had to laugh when you told me you were on Mariner recently and nothing had changed since your honeymoon ?

I was very excited to see the differences between Oasis and Harmony.  The larger sink and the separate closets are brilliant!

I still have a picture of my husband washing his hands while sitting on the toilet (make believe of course to show how small the sinks were, and how tight the area is) ?