Pics of overwater cabana and beach club - here today!

bossdog421

Looks beautiful, thanks for photo, I'm jealous, sitting here in 25 degree F weather. Today, is the First day we've seen sun in about 2 weeks. Please post photo of the food in the beach club area and menus, if available. I'm there in June 2020

50 minutes ago, luv2sail said:

I can't thank you enough for all the photos!  We only have a day pass booked and I was hoping that we would have a nice view from the loungers on the beach. I have been anxiously waiting for pictures.  Thank you thank you!!

The view will be great from the beach loungers 

4 hours ago, SnickerTail said:

Thanks for the pictures and info! Were they controlling access to the docks used to get to the Cabanas? 

Yes. Beach Club entrance had a check point for the entire area, then the docks for the overwater cabanas had someone standing there all day. Multiple cabana k too, they all knew us after an hour or so.

Some of my guests didnt come until later in the day. I let the people at beach club entrance know they were going to be late. They walked them up when they arrived. 

22 hours ago, bossdog421 said:

Yes. Beach Club entrance had a check point for the entire area, then the docks for the overwater cabanas had someone standing there all day. Multiple cabana k too, they all knew us after an hour or so.

Some of my guests didnt come until later in the day. I let the people at beach club entrance know they were going to be late. They walked them up when they arrived. 

In the past I went straight to the ship’s excursion desk on embarkation day and picked my cabana location. Do you know if that can still be done with the overwater cabanas  or is it just luck of the draw? Also, any recommendations as far as which overwater cabanas are more desirable? We have one reserved in two weeks. Thanks

19 minutes ago, Ike_317 said:

In the past I went straight to the ship’s excursion desk on embarkation day and picked my cabana location. Do you know if that can still be done with the overwater cabanas  or is it just luck of the draw? Also, any recommendations as far as which overwater cabanas are more desirable? We have one reserved in two weeks. Thanks

I was told we could not pick. But I do have insight if they let you pick.

I was in cabana 10. There are 2 sections 1-10 and 11-20. 1-5 were not ready to be occupied, 6 -10 were "ready" but there were some unfinished parts to the cabana. Little details not everyone would even notice... like the decorative ropes were only on some poles. Cabana 9 didn't have curtains... etc. I was told 11-20 were 100% but I was not over there to confirm.

Cabanas # 1, 10, 11, 20 will have the most view as there is nothing on multiple sides. You will also have more swim space until you are in someone else's area. However they will get the most wind (very noticable on my day where there was 20+ mph winds).

I would say the least desirable would be # 4, 7, 14, and 17 as they are sunk back in and you will be the backs of other cabanas on 2 different sides. I would have been unhappy in these locations. However these would also get almost no wind. While there was noticable choppy water on all sides of my cabana I could see # 7 had no chop at all.

All of the other cabanas would be perfectly fine.

This map explains what I am talking about.

20200131_105105.thumb.jpg.bda2779bdfb7d189dcae15e3f3b33ce1.jpg

1 hour ago, bossdog421 said:

I was told we could not pick. But I do have insight if they let you pick.

I was in cabana 10. There are 2 sections 1-10 and 11-20. 1-5 were not ready to be occupied, 6 -10 were "ready" but there were some unfinished parts to the cabana. Little details not everyone would even notice... like the decorative ropes were only on some poles. Cabana 9 didn't have curtains... etc. I was told 11-20 were 100% but I was not over there to confirm.

Cabanas # 1, 10, 11, 20 will have the most view as there is nothing on multiple sides. You will also have more swim space until you are in someone else's area. However they will get the most wind (very noticable on my day where there was 20+ mph winds).

I would say the least desirable would be # 4, 7, 14, and 17 as they are sunk back in and you will be the backs of other cabanas on 2 different sides. I would have been unhappy in these locations. However these would also get almost no wind. While there was noticable choppy water on all sides of my cabana I could see # 7 had no chop at all.

All of the other cabanas would be perfectly fine.

This map explains what I am talking about.

20200131_105105.thumb.jpg.bda2779bdfb7d189dcae15e3f3b33ce1.jpg

Awesome, thanks very much for the insight. Appreciate it

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

@bossdog421 We will have a beach cabana at the Beach Club on our next Caribbean cruise. Question: do you think it is a hassle to get the snorkeling gear from chill Island (or can you only snorkel at Chill Island)? Also, what do you know about the paddle boarding at CocoCay?

The overwater cabana came with snorkeling gear, not sure if the beach ones do... I'd assume so though. I was one of the only people that got in the water by the cabana because it was cold and choppy.  I couldnt see much of anything.

I didnt see anyone paddle boarding while i was there but again there was a lot of chop.