99 days till Oasis and getting very excited!

RCIfan1912

You know that crazy feeling of booking a cruise and then the build up each day of that excitement as you get closer each day. We hit 99 days today and now its getting real! I love that excitement. Our 6 year old son reads the new number almost every day. We will make our final payment in about 8 days and then we can register everyone. Print out cruise tickets and luggage tags. God this is just the best! Now to book another one for 2021 so that feeling never goes away. ?

I completely know the feeling of your whole post- I am about 40 days out for my mother/daughter cruise... and then we have booked another cruise for March 2021 with my 9yr old and 5yr old. My 5yr old asks me almost every day-- mom, how many more days until we go on our cruise? I hate to break her little heart when I say- 400+ days out LOL It will be worth the wait though. She will be 7 by then and my son will be 11. These will be great memories!

17 minutes ago, JG1209 said:

I completely know the feeling of your whole post- I am about 40 days out for my mother/daughter cruise... and then we have booked another cruise for March 2021 with my 9yr old and 5yr old. My 5yr old asks me almost every day-- mom, how many more days until we go on our cruise? I hate to break her little heart when I say- 400+ days out LOL It will be worth the wait though. She will be 7 by then and my son will be 11. These will be great memories!

Exactly, perfect post. I know everything you posted in there. Thank you

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

You know that crazy feeling of booking a cruise and then the build up each day of that excitement as you get closer each day. We hit 99 days today and now its getting real! I love that excitement. Our 6 year old son reads the new number almost every day. We will make our final payment in about 8 days and then we can register everyone. Print out cruise tickets and luggage tags. God this is just the best! Now to book another one for 2021 so that feeling never goes away. ?

We are two years out for our next cruise, and I am already so excited I've downloaded excursion brochures for similar itineraries to start my "study".  My emotions are fueled by Royal's computer, which insists on sending me to the Cruise Planner even though nothing can be booked this far out.  Have a great trip!

5 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

And actually we are gonna pay it off today. Why wait till the last minute if we have the money. Now its party, once its paid off and in the double digits, its a party. We are just about there.

I have held that same sentiment in the past, but always wait until the final day in case an unexpected repricing opportunity arises.

4 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah we paid it off anyway. I mean its due in 9 days anyway on a non refundable rate. We really couldn't cancel if we wanted to but we don't. 

In this case, even bookings with a nonrefundable deposit, can be repriced until the final payment date. If the current promotions are better than your current reservation, you can adjust to align with the latest incentives.

37 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

In this case, even bookings with a nonrefundable deposit, can be repriced until the final payment date. If the current promotions are better than your current reservation, you can adjust to align with the latest incentives.

The price of this cruise skyrocketed after we booked it, and big time. I think it's sold out or close. 

12 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

Just got off of the Oasis this morning and sitting in the Miami airport. You will love it!,

Thank you, I'm certain we will love it. 

Does anyone know what the first Oasis cruise from NJ is or when she will first be in NJ? I took a look this morning and it looked like our cruise, May 10th is the first cruise from NJ? Am I missing something?

Totally get the excitement.   We went 22 months between cruises and now have 4 (or is it 5) cruises booked between 21 days and 640 days from today. 

Have not been on Oasis (or any Oasis class) yet, but really want to.   Hope you get to post some pics and details about your trip.    

Most importantly.....ENJOY!

On 2/1/2020 at 8:23 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

We’re sharing in the excitement, we’ll be on there with you. I’ve been checking everyday waiting to book our entertainment. 

4 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thank you, I'm certain we will love it. 

Does anyone know what the first Oasis cruise from NJ is or when she will first be in NJ? I took a look this morning and it looked like our cruise, May 10th is the first cruise from NJ? Am I missing something?

I’m pretty sure the May 10th sailing is the first sailing out of Bayonne.

2 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

We’re sharing in the excitement, we’ll be on there with you. I’ve been checking everyday waiting to book our entertainment. 

1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I’m pretty sure the May 10th sailing is the first sailing out of Bayonne.

Oh awesome, same cruise. Have you sailed Oasis or Oasis class ship? 

Double awesome that we are on the first cruise on Oasis out of NJ! Hopefully they have everything worked out with going under the bridge with such a big ship. Hopefully we make it through. ??

On 2/1/2020 at 8:23 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

I'm on that sailing as well.

My then 6 year old, my folks, my brother and sister in law, and my 2 aunts. 4 cabins in all.

21 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh awesome, same cruise. Have you sailed Oasis or Oasis class ship? 

Double awesome that we are on the first cruise on Oasis out of NJ! Hopefully they have everything worked out with going under the bridge with such a big ship. Hopefully we make it through. ??

First time on oasis class ship for us, we’re really excited. We’ve been rotating between Anthem and adventure the last 3 years out of Bayonne. I’ve heard they can make the smoke stacks shorter in order to fit under the bridge. 

6 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

First time on oasis class ship for us, we’re really excited. We’ve been rotating between Anthem and adventure the last 3 years out of Bayonne. I’ve heard they can make the smoke stacks shorter in order to fit under the bridge. 

Yes, I believe you are correct. I think in that big dry dock that was one of the things they did. They made the smoke stack retractable which to me means Oasis will be up for many years to come. I don't think they'd spend that kind of money for a one season thing.

Just can't wait for this cruise! To experience Oasis. This is gonna be the best. I don't fly, I just can't, big time phobia so we're sail from NY/NJ so Oasis coming here is the only way I'd be about to experience Oasis. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, constable145 said:

I keep checking back every few hours to see if entertainment bookings have opened up yet.

I'm a big fan of all previous aqua shows but this one sounds like I might actually enjoy the soundtrack, too. If the aqua show doesn't live up to my expectations it is @Matt's fault.

The Aqua show is FANTASTIC!

Our son was around 6 when he really remembered cruising!  We have so many great memories cruising as a family and we will continue to do so!  Our kids always wanted to spend time with us vs Adventure Ocean, and wouldn't give that up for the world!  Introduce them to some of the classic cruise activities, shuffle board, ping pong, mini golf and cards!  Family time is where it's at!