Coco Cay, Beach Club or Beach Bed?

Mikeb1892

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd pick Beach Club admission too

Did I read somewhere that they only sell 200 passes to the beach club? I was wondering how crowded it would be. I like the idea of it being a little more relaxed and quiet.. away from the crowds. .. at least for this cruise. Next cruise in March 2021, I will deal with "crowds" because I will have my 2 kids with me (7 and 11 yrs old)

40 minutes ago, JG1209 said:

Did I read somewhere that they only sell 200 passes to the beach club? I was wondering how crowded it would be. I like the idea of it being a little more relaxed and quiet.. away from the crowds. .. at least for this cruise. Next cruise in March 2021, I will deal with "crowds" because I will have my 2 kids with me (7 and 11 yrs old)

I do believe that they limit the number of admissions b/c the price on our Beach Club entry has skyrocketed in the past few weeks.  I credit that to the fact that they are probably close to "selling out".  We paid $50.99 PP a few months back and it is selling for $93.99 PP today.  That's almost double.

4 hours ago, darketower said:

I’d go with the beach club pass. It gets you into the infinity pool and the upscale dining. We are doing the beach club pass in April. 

@Mikeb1892 I agree with this.  I already booked it for our Anthem sailing in April 2021.  $79/pp.  I wanted to get it before the price goes up.  Hoping the price goes down a bit.  Either way I still think this is a great option for just the two of you.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:25 AM, Mikeb1892 said:

Just my wife and I, so price is about the same. What would you pick, Beach Club pass or Beach Bed? 

The Beach Club looks nice if you want to completely relax and have upgraded food. Don't delay too long... It's sold out for our upcoming cruise (5/31/20)... 

image.png.d5d1224922c9ef23ff6aaaef24cf2eb2.png

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Don’t forget that there are 30 cabanas in the beach club that hold a max of 8. That alone is already approximately  240 people.  Add 200 passes in there and you have over 400 already. 

Ohhhh true! Maybe that’s where the discrepancy is coming from. 400 total cap, 200 day passes?

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Don’t forget that there are 30 cabanas in the beach club that hold a max of 8. That alone is already approximately  240 people.  Add 200 passes in there and you have over 400 already. 

1 hour ago, spiralqueen said:

Ohhhh true! Maybe that’s where the discrepancy is coming from. 400 total cap, 200 day passes?

Right, think some of the earlier material I found had stated a 450 person admission.

Combine the max 240 cabana guests with 200 passes and you get close to the 450 number.

9 minutes ago, Mike P said:

In this weeks podcast Matt mentioned 450 passes for the Beach Club.  Considering it was sold out, it didn't look too busy on his videos throughout the day.

That 450 figure includes the cabanas which is probably close to 250 people right there.  I noticed in his Facebook live when he was walking back from the South Beach area that there is a LOT of empty beach space in that area!  The umbrellas and loungers were mostly taken, but there's plenty of room for more if they feel the need is there.

11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

That 450 figure includes the cabanas which is probably close to 250 people right there.  I noticed in his Facebook live when he was walking back from the South Beach area that there is a LOT of empty beach space in that area!  The umbrellas and loungers were mostly taken, but there's plenty of room for more if they feel the need is there.

I hope they leave it as it is!  I don't mind paying, but if I'm paying I don't want it as busy as the Oasis Lagoon!  We are thinking about booking Indy for July 4th weekend, I think I'll check it out if we end up doing that.

Well in the end we decided to forgo the beach bed and do the club instead. Reason being, far as I can tell, RCI seems to change things on a whim all the time and often unexpectedly. I've seen the beach beds moved around to many different places recently and different versions of the Coco cay map following the club opening that show them on different areas. Seems like they are just trying out different options. So between now and my Sept cruise, who knows if the beds will be moved yet again. At least they can't move the club as easily. Better to go with what is a certainty - the club - than take the risk of the very movable (therefore unpredictable) bed. 

• 2 weeks later...

W paid $50.99 for our cruise on Symphony (4/18/20) fpr our Beach Club passes.  I originally boght them in October, for $79.00, then had them re-ticketed on the black friday sale in November.  T price is now up to $199.  My thery is they adjust their prices based on supply and demand.   I wanted to check out the club, and for what I paid, it is well worth it.  I have learned that the earlier you buy something on RC, the cheaper it is, as they raise their prices over time.

I was very lucky!  I wouldn't spend much more either!  I figured for the upgraded food and service, and free umbrellas and floating mats it was worth it.  It's something to check out once.  If and when we book a cruise to go back there, we would probably just walk around the island, check out the straw market then probably just go back to the ship and do a port day massage.  

On 2/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, Sofla mermaid said:

Hey, Peachykeen-

FYI, they have free beds at the beach club on a first come first serve basis.

Yes, I saw that! We planned on trying to get to those so we will aim to be among the first to disembark, because I suspect it will be in high demand. Matt just posted a picture yesterday of the new Coco Cay map which clearly shows many more daybeds in the Coco Beach Club that are actually there (in the area where they currently have chairs/couches on the wooden boardwalk, multi-tier area). So I hope they plan to eventually add more, as the competition to get a daybed in the club is a bit stressful for an up-charge experience designed to be less stressful. 

Just was at Coco beach club on 2/21 at the ~$80 price/pp. I gotta say.. I wouldn't do it again unless it was ~$50 or less... I may make a separate review thread, but here's at least my reasoning based purely on our experience that day..

The Good:
1) The availability of loungers was decent for only Symphony docked even at ~10:30. We were on the far left side but still had an umbrella in one of the last rows, so our view was of other people and the floating cabanas primarily.
2) The provided towels are pretty nice, especially as a chair topper!
3) Bar service was extremely quick (AT the bar)
4) (Specifically for our desires), minimal children. There was a few that came over from the cabanas and were yelling/screaming for a while, but otherwise it was a pretty quiet area and great to relax & nap a bit!

The Bad:
1) The sand beach itself was flat out painful.. it was riddled with broken seashells everywhere from about the first row of chairs down to the water itself.. It'd be nice if they groomed it just a little even..
2) When we arrived about 10:30, we were told we should immediately make lunch reservations as walk-up dining was not an option.. that seemed strange as it was the first time hearing that. Unfortunately the options were right then (10:30.. we just had breakfast an hour earlier!), or 2pm - bumping against our 5:30 MDR but we took it. They did manage to seat us at 1:45 though as most of the proper lunch crowed was gone
3) We must have had a lousy area as we didn't have a bartender come by to the loungers for drinks until nearly 1pm (they were walking the other areas even when we first arrived)
4) We actually noticed it was emptier and quieter just north west of Oasis outside the club at about 12-1pm.. TONS of chairs empty, barely anyone in the water, and only blocked by the beach club boulders so you're essentially on the same beach!
5) The overall feel of the area didn't seem that different in terms of occupancy than most other areas we walked around with the exclusion of oasis lagoon itself which was packed like sardines.

Even given the food was good and the area , it definitely doesn't make strides towards our original booking fee at $80, so for $200/pp I'd kick myself every day for months paying that price. I'd be OK at $50, and happy at ~$40.

15 hours ago, saytheb said:

Just was at Coco beach club on 2/21 at the ~$80 price/pp. I gotta say.. I wouldn't do it again unless it was ~$50 or less...

The Bad:
1) The sand beach itself was flat out painful.. it was riddled with broken seashells everywhere from about the first row of chairs down to the water itself.. It'd be nice if they groomed it just a little even..
2) When we arrived about 10:30, we were told we should immediately make lunch reservations as walk-up dining was not an option.. that seemed strange as it was the first time hearing that. Unfortunately the options were right then (10:30.. we just had breakfast an hour earlier!), or 2pm - bumping against our 5:30 MDR but we took it. They did manage to seat us at 1:45 though as most of the proper lunch crowed was gone

These are two of the main reasons I booked the pass, with the third being the peace and quiet. Lunch sounds very strange, and with the only times being available at 1030 or 2 doesn't make for a very enjoyable meal. Anyone know if you're able to make reservations for this meal through cruise planner ahead of time? 

And the rough beach? Grrr. That's awful and I have sensitive feet! 

20 hours ago, saytheb said:

We must have had a lousy area as we didn't have a bartender come by to the loungers for drinks until nearly 1pm (they were walking the other areas even when we first arrived)

Where did you sit exactly? I found the bartenders to be roaming so often I had to let them know I need a break from drinks ?

2 hours ago, Sofla mermaid said:

This doesn’t make sense, especially since they have a buffet set up.  If we’re paying extra to enter, we should be able to eat when we want too.

The buffet is for appetizers only.  It's similar to Solarium Bistro, where food is ordered from the kitchen but apps are available to grab.

You also have to keep in mind the food served at Coco Beach Club is specialty restaurant level food. This is not burgers and hot dogs. Thus, it takes time and it would be worse to let a "cattle call" approach occur where everyone stands in line waiting for food.  

I think the reservation system is better, since it prevents standing around and waiting.  

The key for all involved here is to simply make a reservation sooner than later. I recommend doing so when you enter the club.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:49 PM, JohnK6404 said:

Interesting... the full day passes for Coco Beach Club were sold out on 2/2/20 when we last checked (Oasis, 5/31/20), but now they have added them back to the CP at $199 each!

image.png.d5d1224922c9ef23ff6aaaef24cf2eb2.png

CocoBeachDay_053120.JPG.ca4f1744b5fde542bcb17184892e43d7.JPG

... still $79.00 for our Symphony (4/24/21) cruise in the CP... they were in the $60's a couple of months ago...

CocoBeachDay_042422.JPG.c15115ab446c44cb9f6d2834cd350097.JPG

WOW...i got mine for $79.00