St Kitts & St Thomas liquor

Jolly Ogre

We are going to St Kitts and St Thomas this December and want to know what and where is a good place to get local liquor.

When we were in St Maarten we got some nice rum from a place on Back St.

When we were in Cozumel we got some nice tequila from a shop a block or 2 off the main road.

Both places let us taste before we decided what to get.

So to the main question, what are we going to keep an eye out for? 

I was in St. Thomas in November and was sadly disappointed. There used to be a few local shops in the downtown area where you could to tastings and from which I would pick up local rum to bring home. Since the hurricane, it seems that most of those are now gone and replaced by (yet another) jewelry store. There were some duty-free shops that had a handful local offerings, but mostly the mass market stuff. I'm sure there are some other off-the-beaten path places that have stuff, so hopefully someone can point you in the right direction. 

All that said, there were some nice local restaurants and bars with good local offerings if you just want a drink while in town. 

19 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

I was in St. Thomas in November and was sadly disappointed. There used to be a few local shops in the downtown area where you could to tastings and from which I would pick up local rum to bring home. Since the hurricane, it seems that most of those are now gone and replaced by (yet another) jewelry store. There were some duty-free shops that had a handful local offerings, but mostly the mass market stuff. I'm sure there are some other off-the-beaten path places that have stuff, so hopefully someone can point you in the right direction. 

All that said, there were some nice local restaurants and bars with good local offerings if you just want a drink while in town. 

Good to know.  Maybe there will be something up and running later this year.

1 hour ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Oh I will find something...it might take some time.

I was just hoping to hear if anyone had a place to start at.

https://www.facebook.com/oldestaterums/

They host liquor tastings at various places.  You may want to contact them directly to see if they know of the types of liquor stores you are seeking out.  

I know there were plenty liquor stores over at the Havensight pier area, but the Crown Bay pier that Royal uses requires transportation to get over there.