Recommendation for Cozumel and Falmouth Excursions

CJS2766

Hello all!

The Mrs and I will be stopping in Cozumel and Falmouth in November when we cruise onboard the Oasis. I've been looking around for excursions and was wondering? What are THE MUST DO's in both ports. We are the adventurous type! We like jet skiing, snorkeling, some beach time would be nice as well!, etc.. Is there any company that you recommend? I've been browsing TripAdvisor just to get some ideas, but thought I'd ask here for those of you that have visited those 2 stops before.

Thanks!

Carlos

Go to Dunns River Falls in Falmouth.  Royal has an excursion that combines it with the caves that hubby and daughter are doing next month.

In Cozumel I highly recommend the cooking class at Playa Maya.  Not the Salsa and Margarita one but the full meal one.  Hubby and I did it and were super happy with it.  We've been to Cozumel a lot so we were happy to find a new interesting thing to do.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from Liberty OTS cruise a few days ago. (post cruise blues)We did the Dunns River Falls in Falmouth through Royal caribbean which was indead paired with the Caves. This was a really cool excursion and we could have spent all day at Dunns River Falls.  In Cozumel we did an ATV ride to the Jade caverns. The ATV's were really fun, and because we did this before Falmouth we also thought the jade caverns were cool. Falmouth caves were better though so we could have skipped the one in Cozumel

On 1/31/2020 at 10:21 AM, CJS2766 said:

Hello all!

The Mrs and I will be stopping in Cozumel and Falmouth in November when we cruise onboard the Oasis. I've been looking around for excursions and was wondering? What are THE MUST DO's in both ports. We are the adventurous type! We like jet skiing, snorkeling, some beach time would be nice as well!, etc.. Is there any company that you recommend? I've been browsing TripAdvisor just to get some ideas, but thought I'd ask here for those of you that have visited those 2 stops before.

Thanks!

Carlos

Concur with Dunn's River Falls (at least once), and recommend the swimming/hiking through the Amazing Secret River (near Playa del Carmen), although that requires a ferry ride from Cozumel.  While physically demanding, it is an exciting, personal view of a cave system, and the water is refreshing.  There are showers/lockers so you can change into dry clothes and eat before your return to Playa del Carmen and then Cozumel.

Being that my home state here in the Ozarks is known for its caves, we wanted to see what a dry cave looked like, so we headed to the Green Grotto cave. I don't know that it's a must do, especially when you've got Dunn's River Falls in the mix, but if you're into geology, it is an interesting dry cave.