San Juan baggage storage

DesertBob

2 hours ago, DesertBob said:

We have a cruise out of San Juan on the Freedom of the Seas in May. Our flight into San Juan lands at 4:22am and our ship does not leave until 8 pm. Is there some place we can store our luggage before we check in.

We are going on FOS at the end of May!  From what I understand, once you check in at the cruise terminal, they take our luggage, and then we will find it in our room sometime after we board the ship.  We can check in as early as 10:30 and then once on the ship, enjoy all of the many amenities until our rooms are ready.  BUT, this is my first cruise, so I could be wrong!!

14 hours ago, DesertBob said:

We have a cruise out of San Juan on the Freedom of the Seas in May. Our flight into San Juan lands at 4:22am and our ship does not leave until 8 pm. Is there some place we can store our luggage before we check in.

I bet your looking to store it for the 6 hours before you can check in at pier.  probably not getting a motel.  The only storage I have heard of, Barracuda Restaurant, does not open till about 9 or 10 am. 

I might suggest looking into a one day car rental, returning it to Airport later in afternoon and then Uber to port, you'd have to figure out if this is cost feasible.

I think @CruiseGus is referring to Barrachina's as a luggage storage option in OSJ but the time is 9am.  This may/may not be the best.  A little while later you could drop off at the Pam American Port then leave to explore.  I will say, it's quite a long road in and out of the port, one lane each unless using a taxi-they seem to have priority getting in with their own lane.

15 hours ago, DesertBob said:

This really depends on what you are wanting to do in the meantime.  Our San Juan departure was 8pm as well but they opened the terminal and started boarding at 10:30, so not as long of a wait as you may think. 

San Juan airport does have baggage storage for a fee.  You could check your bags into that and hop in an taxi/Uber and go explore and then get another ride back to the airport to retrieve your bags and then hop a ride to the port.  Basically it will cost you 3 taxi/Uber rides and the cost of the luggage storage (think it was $10 per bag..but don't quote me on that!).  Uber from the airport to Old San Juan was $17 with tip for me.

10 hours ago, bytheslice said:

Have checked in at 10:30 am on many cruises but on my cruises departing from San Juan in 2016, the terminal doors did not open until 11 am and we had to stand in line outside until the doors opened. Even after admittance there was a waiting period in the building until boarding of the ship commenced.

Thanks for the info!  

• 2 years later...

Looking for info on how to reach the cruise terminal in San Juan to recover a piece of luggage left behind. 
we signed up for shore excursion that put all our luggage into a box truck and we met our luggage at the airport later after walking around San Juan for a few hours. We inadvertently left a piece behind and are in Fort Lauderdale getting ready to board another Royal C cruise ship.