Next Cruise booking for departure the day you arrive back in port

KenCP

Just wondering if anyone has booked a cruise at Next Cruise for the day you arrive back in port.  I arrive back from a cruise on May 1, 2020 and will be Miami for 4 days afterwards.  I looked on line at RCCL and there is still a lot of rooms available for a cruise departing on May 1, 2020 for a 3 night cruise.

I have a hotel booked for when we arrive back in port but I can cancel up to 24 hours in advance if there happens to be a room available on the May 1 cruise.

it actually works out to be cheaper to do another cruise than it does to book a hotel.

Never tried to do this through NextCruise but MANY years ago we were on Radiance and were returning home to a horrific snow storm.  Our flights had been cancelled and Dan and I thought about just staying on the ship for another go.  We were somewhat surprised to find that they were not willing to give us any kind of discount or deal whatsoever to try and fill one of the last remaining inside cabins that were left for that following cruise.  We passed on it and slogged home through the storm.  If you are willing to pay the going rate for the room, I'm sure you could arrange it so long as you don't wait until the very last minute to do it.  I believe that they have to finalize their manifest at least 48 hours prior to sailing so as long as it is more than 48 hours before the sailing, I think you could do it.  If you can go on a cruise for less than 1 night in a hotel, I say go for it, for sure !

@WAAAYTOOO Thanks!

The four nights in Miami in a hotel is a lot more than the 3 night cruise so even if they do not offer it cheaper it is still a win.  I may check it out on the first day or two of the cruise and see what they offer.  Still 90 days away I may just keep an eye on how many rooms book before I depart for Miami.

7 minutes ago, KenCP said:

@WAAAYTOOO Thanks!

The four nights in Miami in a hotel is a lot more than the 3 night cruise so even if they do not offer it cheaper it is still a win.  I may check it out on the first day or two of the cruise and see what they offer.  Still 90 days away I may just keep an eye on how many rooms book before I depart for Miami.

They won't be able to offer anything different from what you could book yourself online when it comes to pricing.  You may get some OBC for the booking or they'll take the OBC offer off of the price of the cruise.  You need to make sure you book early enough before they close the cruise to new bookings, so I would definitely go the first night of the cruise and get that worked out.

You can always find the current NextCruise offer online at http://www.royalonboardsales.com/#seeoffer

I've done this and yes, generally speaking, they are open on disembarkation day. 

I was chatting with NextCruise while on Brilliance earlier this month and they indicated there's one person available. Limited hours, but they are there.

I'd double check onboard to verify.